Mosquito Helicopter Forums

Full Version: 285 coolant temp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have at POD 300 monitor on my 285. It is a useful tool. I have been getting a coolant temp on the POD of 165 in a hover. The MGL temp is 135. Is this a temperature that others are experiencing on their PODs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-07-2018, 10:29 PM)Chamberlain Wrote: [ -> ]I have at POD 300 monitor on my 285. It is a useful tool. I have been getting a coolant temp on the POD of 165 in a hover.  The MGL temp is 135.   Is this a temperature that others are experiencing on their PODs?  

The pod is reading what the ecu is seeing I don’t know where your gauge probe is. Mine is a digital gauge with the probe in one of the ports that are blocked off on the water pump. There it reads really close to the ecu. My temps run anywhere between 135 and 175 dependant the on OAT. When it’s hot you cant hover very long without going hotter. The ecu will start changing timing and fuel settings to save its self. I know The older ecu’s would turn on the check engine light above 176F and will flash the light at 200F. Not sure what your ecu does.
My MGL probe is in the radiator. What POD temp do you get at cruise?