Mosquito Helicopter Forums

Full Version: Where we stand!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Rotorheads,

I am starting to fall into a funk. It comes from the fact that this latest mishap involving an XE 285. I don't know all of the facts about this person but I know to operate an experimental Mosquito you need a valid medical certificate, a private pilot fixed wing certificate, and enough helicopter instruction to insure you can execute all emergency procedures or a valid medical and a private helicopter certificate. 

I don't know if this guy has a fixed wing ticket or a valid medical and it is rumored he only had two hours of instruction (I like facts not rumors). One thing I do know is the FAA is going to be on this like white on rice!!! I would not mind as much is what he did only effected him but all of us may feel the repercussions of his actions. 

If you or someone you know has the dream of owning and flying a Mosquito, just "do it right"! Get your instruction, medical, or what ever it takes because whatever you do will effect others!
(05-08-2018, 03:55 AM)FlyGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Rotorheads,

I am starting to fall into a funk. It comes from the fact that this latest mishap involving an XE 285. I don't know all of the facts about this person but I know to operate an experimental Mosquito you need a valid medical certificate, a private pilot fixed wing certificate, and enough helicopter instruction to insure you can execute all emergency procedures or a valid medical and a private helicopter certificate. 

I don't know if this guy has a fixed wing ticket or a valid medical and it is rumored he only had two hours of instruction (I like facts not rumors). One thing I do know is the FAA is going to be on this like white on rice!!! I would not mind as much is what he did only effected him but all of us may feel the repercussions of his actions. 

If you or someone you know has the dream of owning and flying a Mosquito, just "do it right"! Get your instruction, medical, or what ever it takes because whatever you do will effect others!

“Amen” Brother,
You couldn’t have said it better!!!!
The less the FAA gets involved
the better off we are. We as a group must police ourselves.
I have 50 + hours dual Helicopter and I’m going to go back for a refresher before flying my new XET. I’m a 6000 hr. Fixed wing flight instructor and FAA Safety Rep. and I have a very deep respect for the complexity and training it takes to operate a Helicopter Safely.
Two hours dual to Safely operate a Helicopter is just simply not happening.
Let’s get realistic and establish a minimum as 20 hours dual instruction in an R 22 which is a Robinson minimum to solo in addition to mandatory watching Frank Robinson’s SFAR 73 which is available to watch online with a simple Google search as well as posted on the Robinson Helicopter website.
When you see the 2 bodies in the crash then maybe you’ll understand this is a serious and potentially dangerous business and the Mosquito is not a toy and in reality can kill you and has the potential to harm or kill others.
If you know of anyone operating in an unsafe manor you have a responsibility to call them out in a professional manor and or if necessary seek your local FSDO Safety Representative before getting the FAA Involved. (That is what Safety Reps are for)
Let’s all have fun and enjoy our awesome Mosquitos and please operate in a safe manor to protect the freedom we now enjoy.
Safety first,
Skyking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk