Mosquito Helicopter Forums

Full Version: Got my Mosquito transport Rig Now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally got my Custom Trailer to transport my Mosquito.  Bad thing is I got it dirty this weekend.  Headed out to brimstone/paragon for the big and I mean big side by side event.

Click Here For Video Summary of Brimstone

[attachment=2660]

[attachment=2661]
What is the door opening height ?
Houston, we have a problem ! Humm.
Good luck.
Where is Brimstone?
(10-02-2018, 03:01 AM)jimwitkowski Wrote: [ -> ]What is the door opening height ?

the specs are:

8.5 wide 
24 ft long with v-nose
90" vertical door opening (with a dove tail)
8Ft tall from Floor to ceiling
Torsion suspension w. 5200lb dexter easy lube axels

It dwarfs my truck its stands so high but my Motor-home dwarfs it.

I will be pulling it to Trenton with motor-home so i can camp out at Dwight's place a day to rest before i head back.

(10-02-2018, 05:04 AM)Wwarrn Wrote: [ -> ]Houston, we have a problem !  Humm.
Good luck.
Where is Brimstone?

Huntsville TN about a 3 hour drive from where I live.
Triston,
it didn't look high enough in the pic. It's not only high enough its also long enough. UL-Copter (Mosquito Owner) also pulled his enclosed trailer behind a motor home. Good luck on the trip. If you have a snowmobile dealer in your area you should check out these "slide guides" for your trailer. https://www.hannarv.com/P/33786/SlideGui...ngthSingle Your mosquito skids will slide very easy on these and also they will act as a track to keep it straight because they have ribs. I didn't have them in mine but had I known about them at the time I would of definitely installed them in mine. If you see them in person you'll understand how nice they would work out for you.
Hi Triston
I had a trailer similar to yours. I ordered mine new and had torsion bar suspension, radial tires, and 3500 lb axles. Those 5200lb axles are going to beat your mosquito up. Even with tools, fuel, and other miscellanies gear you might take along you will never come close to putting that suspension under a load. Just a thought, you might check the maximum combined length in your state. Many are around 62' some are your state. Many are around 62' some are 65' 

Later leo….
(10-02-2018, 09:11 PM)U-L- Copter Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Triston
I had a trailer similar to yours. I ordered mine new and had torsion bar suspension, radial tires, and 3500 lb axles. Those 5200lb axles are going to beat your mosquito up. Even with tools, fuel, and other miscellanies gear you might take along you will never come close to putting that suspension under a load. Just a thought, you might check the maximum combined length in your state. Many are around 62' some are your state. Many are around 62' some are 65' 

Later leo….

Hi Leo, 
Yes someone on a earlier thread mentioned that the 52's would beat the mosquito up when I was quizzing the board for specs,  So I did some checking (lots of checking actually) and the rating is just that, it is the rating of the axel, the thickness and what its weight limits are, the axel has nothing to do with the suspension or the ride.  The ride is comprised of the suspension just like any vehicle, including side by sides, tighten the adjustable shocks on a side by side for a stiffer more rigid ride, loosen them for a softer ride.  I had a soft ride torsion suspension put on the trailer.  This weekend when I went to brimstone, the trip on a dirt road to get to my camp sight barley shook the gas can up.  I am positive that the Heli will ride in comfort.  I also think I'm good on length  (checked on that before I built) 37 + 24 = 61.  Thanks, for the input I think it may have been you advising me on the axels previously and that's is what made me research it (more than I needed to, lol)  so that helped me tremendously.  Again Thanks.

(10-02-2018, 06:20 PM)jimwitkowski Wrote: [ -> ]Triston,  
it didn't look high enough in the pic. It's not only high enough its also long enough.  UL-Copter (Mosquito Owner) also pulled his enclosed trailer behind a motor home. Good luck on the trip. If you have a snowmobile dealer in your area you should check out these "slide guides" for your trailer. https://www.hannarv.com/P/33786/SlideGui...ngthSingle  Your mosquito skids will slide very easy on these and also they will act as a track to keep it straight because they have ribs. I didn't have them in mine but had I known about them at the time I would of definitely installed them in mine. If you see them in person you'll understand how nice they would work out for you.

Wow, Thanks for the link I was trying to get ideas for the floor, you just solved it!
I can see where you thought it did not look big enough next to the RV, look at it hooked to my truck:

[attachment=2662]
When you get back home with your Mosquito you can take a look at my pics on how I mounted it in my trailer. It took me less than 3 minutes to  hook it up for travel or to remove it from the trailer, oh, and you won't see 10 ratchet straps all over trying to hold it in place. When it is pulled in by a winch it is stopped by mounts on the floor that keep it from moving forward and also from moving side to side. It also is held down tight to the floor. The main rotor is held in place in the front and rear along with the tail from moving. I wish I would of taken closer pics of the mounting or a video to show it being removed and installed into the trailer. http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info/ez...ser&u=3773
(10-03-2018, 02:13 PM)jimwitkowski Wrote: [ -> ]When you get back home with your Mosquito you can take a look at my pics on how I mounted it in my trailer. It took me less than 3 minutes to  hook it up for travel or to remove it from the trailer, oh, and you won't see 10 ratchet straps all over trying to hold it in place. When it is pulled in by a winch it is stopped by mounts on the floor that keep it from moving forward and also from moving side to side. It also is held down tight to the floor. The main rotor is held in place in the front and rear along with the tail from moving. I wish I would of taken closer pics of the mounting or a video to show it being removed and installed into the trailer. http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info/ez...ser&u=3773

Man you have been so helpful and informative, +1 to you.  Thanks so much for all the information.  That set up is nice.  So many ideas now.