Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,481
» Latest member: AlphaPsychoTherapy
» Forum threads: 5,459
» Forum posts: 26,615

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 6 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 6 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
Mosquito accident in Odes...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: mosquito
7 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,429
Mosquito Helicopters logo
7 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 765
Doors
Last Post: Gre
12-10-2017, 04:26 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 209
Hypothetical commercial a...
12-09-2017, 05:04 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 295
Swift
Last Post: FlyGuy
12-07-2017, 03:00 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 421
Evinrude Gyro-boat
Last Post: jimwitkowski
12-04-2017, 03:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 126
Trenton 2018 Fly-In, Get ...
Forum: Flyin's
12-04-2017, 02:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 125
UK?
12-04-2017, 01:00 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 178
1st Mosquito Ultralight
Last Post: Frederic Moreau
12-02-2017, 06:15 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 188
Mz202 was sold to a guy i...
Forum: Fuel and Engine
Last Post: Jaredgrosvenor
12-01-2017, 03:37 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 708

Mosquito Air Floats
Posted by: 4884 - 06-30-2006, 11:09 AM - Forum: Performance - Replies (1)

John any plans of installing floats on the mosquito air ? has anyone tried floats on the mosquito air model?

Print this item

Numbers
Posted by: wicker - 06-26-2006, 09:45 PM - Forum: Performance - Replies (2)

Could someone give me an # of how many of these are flying

Print this item

US registration and Licencing
Posted by: Guest - 06-25-2006, 12:34 AM - Forum: Registration and Licencing - Replies (6)

What are the requirements for registration and licencing in the US for the Mosquito?

Print this item

2-place Mosquito
Posted by: Andy - 06-23-2006, 10:43 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Hi John,

Awesome machine! I've been following your website for the past year or so, and I was wondering if you have any plans for a 2-place helicopter in the future? If so, when would you expect it to be unveilled? I've dreamt of flying for years now, and have always loved helicopters, but would like to share the experience of flight with others.

Print this item

Turbine engine availability ...
Posted by: TexEOD - 06-19-2006, 09:42 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (8)

Mr. Uptigrove,
Do you have an expected time frame for the availability of the turbine powered Mosquito? Will both the open frame and XE/XEL be offered turbine powered? Do you have a rough guesstimate of what the price will be, when available?
I should be returning from Iraq around the end of August and would like to purchase a Mosquito helicopter from you. I would much rather have a turbine (or 4 stroke) powered machine than a 2 stroke, if the choice is available. I started and received 3 hours of training in a 300CB, before this job came up. I hope to return in August/September to complete my private ticket and purchase an aircraft for my recreational use. My family also has a large ranch/farm that I can use the Mosquito to check the cattle and fences with.
Please contiue the excellent work and keep us all informed of the progress on the 4 stroke/turbine powered Mosquito. It appears a dream of mine is finally within my grasp.
Thank you for your time.

David

Print this item

Turbine Conversion
Posted by: redmond - 06-18-2006, 07:26 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (35)

I was at the factory in Trenton Fla this week and got to see the new turbine mounted in the Mosquito and I must say a very nice installation. If all goes well the first start up will happen by the end of next week. I'm very excited about the new 90% gear box
because it will open the possiblity for a four stroke conversion. I've never had a moment of trouble with my two stroke but now we may have more options. John, Dwight and George are doing an incredible job with this conversion and the Mosquito is getting better and better.
Andy

Print this item

Mosquito XEL with & without floats
Posted by: VE5BOB - 06-17-2006, 03:45 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (32)

Hi,
I know the floats increase the weight limit for this category...but if one removes the floats and flies on the skids...does it stay in the higher weight cat. or does it lose the 65Lb allowed increase?

Robert

Print this item

Mosquito Air vs Mosquito XE/XEL
Posted by: SamW - 06-13-2006, 01:51 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

From what I have read and heard, the two fly the same. But what is the difference of flight in a cabin vs. open frame? With only $4,500 difference between the two there must be some factor that would help in deciding which one to go with. Any ideas?

Print this item

Book on Helicopter Flight
Posted by: SamW - 06-13-2006, 08:10 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

I would like to recomend the book "Learning to Fly Helicopters" by R. Randall Padfield. The book was copywrited in 1992 and I don't know if it's still being published. I bought this one used at Powell's Book Store for $15.00. I have read it three times cover to cover, and other parts many, many times. There is so much on principles of flight, safety, and other insights. I especially liked the chapter on "Helicopter Myths." The book was written in an easy to read manner (no college degree required). I read this book before I went on an introdutory flight, and it helped me beyond measure. There is no way you can learn to fly from just a book, but it will take the mysteries out of the experience and let you focus on the task at hand. Also found in the book are little things like how pressure rather than drastic movements with cyclic is prefered and how to properly transfer control between you and instructor, etc. There is so much more than I could post here, that's why it's in a book. I hope this helps someone.

Print this item

Pics and video
Posted by: Jersey dave - 06-13-2006, 07:43 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

Hi All,
Been building this for awhile. Finally cave in and got on Myspace to post a "Blog" and pics.

Be sure to click on the video link, created by Mario (I think)

http://www.myspace.com/willitfly

Print this item