Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,442
» Latest member: masumhomeins
» Forum threads: 5,449
» Forum posts: 26,561

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 8 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 8 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
Toy Haulers
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: swashplate
3 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 516
Radio Interference
Forum: Instruments
Last Post: FlyGuy
10-16-2017, 06:20 PM
» Replies: 37
» Views: 2,807
First Hovering Experience
Forum: Mosquito Flight Adventures
Last Post: Frederic Moreau
10-14-2017, 03:25 PM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 2,087
New Turboprop for Ultrali...
Last Post: pilotarix
10-10-2017, 08:02 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 854
Ag Spray system for Mosqu...
Last Post: TS Rupcich
10-06-2017, 07:39 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 379
vibrations
Last Post: mosquito
10-04-2017, 06:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 222
my flights
Forum: Flyin's
Last Post: jimwitkowski
10-02-2017, 01:39 AM
» Replies: 44
» Views: 3,513
Mosquito accident in Odes...
Last Post: mosquito
09-28-2017, 03:22 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 329
Avionics for sale
Last Post: Richard Italia
09-20-2017, 02:46 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 188
Hurricane Irma vs Mosquit...
Last Post: FlyGuy
09-15-2017, 12:00 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 341

LVR AERO ENGIN 4 S/ 4 C AIR COOLED
Posted by: kingsley - 04-23-2006, 07:21 PM - Forum: Fuel and Engine - Replies (8)

THERE S A MAKER OF THIS MOST SUITABLE ENGINE IN BELGIUM. VISIT WWW://MASQUITO.BE TO KNOW FULL DETAIL. ( RPT MASQUITO )

120HP/3700RPM TTL WEIGHT IS 121LBS .
PLS FOLLOW IT UP

Print this item

flight training
Posted by: DEN - 04-23-2006, 06:41 PM - Forum: Registration and Licencing - Replies (16)

I have just sent a request for 10 hours of flight training to a heicopter school in Whitecourt, Alberta. Canada. I explained why I wanted 10 hrs only and what I was going to do with it when it becomes legal. Their answer will be very interesting, I hope, and I will pass it along on the forum when I recieve it.

Print this item

Is the Mosquito cleared for city travel.
Posted by: Rico - 04-22-2006, 07:58 AM - Forum: Flight training - Replies (1)

Hello. I saw the Mosquito on the Discovery Channel.

Can you fly the Mosquito in the city? And how much fuel does it use? (I live in Canada.)

How long does it take a beginner to learn how to fly this thing? And how are you taught?

Thanks!

Print this item

Mosquito Air model
Posted by: brucetramp - 04-18-2006, 07:18 PM - Forum: Pricing - Replies (1)

is there a kit for thebase model not the xe the one without the fiber glass body
and how less would it ?

Print this item

XEL Floats
Posted by: Floats - 04-18-2006, 02:45 PM - Forum: Performance - Replies (1)

Hi
What are the floats used on the Mosquito XEL made of, and how do they attach?

Print this item

CANADIAN LICENCE REQUIRMENTS FOR EITHER MODEL
Posted by: DEN - 04-17-2006, 09:50 PM - Forum: Registration and Licencing - Replies (26)

I AM SAVING UP FOR A CHOPPER AND AM PLANNING TO USE IT TO ENHANCE MY CONTRACT OIL WELL OPERATIONS. IT WOULD BE A FIRST, FOR THIS APPLICATION IN SWAN HILLS ALBERTA. THE OILFIELD ROADS SOON EAT UP A 30,000 TRUCK. MY BIG CONCERN IS LICENSING IN ALTA. I HAVE CHECKED ON TRANSPORT CANADA WEB SITE BUT THE INFO. WAS VERY VAGUE AND ALL I COULD GET FROM IT IS, I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A FLIGHT MEDICAL. MAYBE YOU COULD HELP ME OUT. IM SAVING UP, BUT MAYBE MY TILE WILL HELP. THANKS A MILLION FOR DEVOTING ALL YOUR TIME AND EFFORT TO GIVE US SUCH A GREAT SHIP.

Print this item

Oregon area Mosquito?
Posted by: seabillco - 04-17-2006, 04:41 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

4-17-06
Hi,
I'm very interested in the Mosquito but would like to actually see one before buying one.
I live in Grants Pass, Oregon. It's in Southern Oregon, just north of California.
Does anyone know of a nearby Mosquito by chance?
I often travel to Portland, Oregon as well.
Thanks in advance to anyone with any information!

Steve Grensky
srg@seabill.com

Print this item

Info Pack
Posted by: seabillco - 04-17-2006, 02:25 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (5)

4-17-06
Hi,
I recently purchased, received and reviewed the DVD Info Pack and enclosed materials on the Mosquito and was disappointed that it contained very little useful substantive information.
I had several questions that weren't addressed in the packet. For example:
1. What are the differences between the XEL (floats) as opposed to the XE (no floats)? Specifically, what are the floats made of, what do they weigh, how do they attach, how long does it take to attach/detach them, etc. Also, does the XEL really come with only a 5 gallon fuel tank? If so, what if someone has a helicopter rating AND wants the XEL (to land on water)? This person doesn't care about the ultralight rule limiting fuel to only 5 gallons and probably would like the extra fuel. Can you get the XEL with the 12 gallon tanks as is standard on the XE?
I think this float/no float issue is important because, in the US, one can fly the XEL without a pilot's license but this is not true of the XE. As a result, many people will probably opt for the XEL. It's hard to make that decision intelligently if you don't know the differences.
The DVD was a perfect place to highlight the differences and show someone installing the floats and using them on the XEL. Sadly, this was lacking.
2. How do you move the Mosquito variants on the ground? Is there some optional dolly you can buy (as with an R-22)? There was no information about ground operations or storage.
3. What does the factory look like? The DVD is the perfect way to show the potential buyer the facilities and people that make the components that keep his butt in the air. I would like to tour the plant but it's not practical to go there. I was really hoping the DVD would cover it. Sadly, the DVD didn't even touch this topic. Same for the engine plant.
4. What are the options for factory assembly, painting, etc. The DVD and enclosed materials don't even mention this option. I was hoping to learn the benefits of factory assembly as well as exactly how this is done, the painting options, crating methods, shipping methods, time periods, etc., etc.
5. Close up shots of the cyclic, collective and other essential moving parts would have been nice. Sadly, the DVD is just 20 minutes of footage of a couple of Mosquitoes flying around a field. I was hoping to see video of the crucial controls up close and learn a little about the unique design aspects.
6. The paper documentation in the package consists of 4 pages of "not to scale" line drawings. There does not appear to be even one sample page from the construction manual. 3 of the drawings are just top or side views of the chopper. I was hoping the kit would include some sample pages from the construction manual so I could get a feel for the quality of this crucial aspect of the kit.
7. What does the future hold? There is no mention in any of the materials about the 4 stroke engine, turbine progress, a 2 place kit, etc., etc. It would help to know what the company is planning to have some sense that early adopters won't be left out if they want to upgrade.
8. Sadly, the Info Pack had much less information than the web site. The Discovery Channel video on the web is much better than the DVD in the packet. (Surprisingly, the DVD doesn't include the Discovery Channel video. It would be nice to have all the video on one medium.) Also, the Info Pack did not include a reprint of the various magazine articles that have reviewed the Mosquito. You can read some of them on the web but, again, you're better off spending time on the web site than spending $20 on the packet.
Overall, the DVD packet was a major disappointment and was simply not worth the time or the money I spent on it. Sadly, the Info Pack didn't make my decision to spend nearly $30,000 any easier. I'm still wondering about a lot of things...
I hope my comments help.

Steve Grensky
srg@seabill.com

Print this item

hunting
Posted by: roger adams - 04-15-2006, 08:06 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

HI,I hunt coyotes,can someone tell me if it would be possible to fire a gun from the Mosquito??

Print this item

HOVER OUT OF GROUND EFFECT
Posted by: ROBERTO - 04-13-2006, 03:22 PM - Forum: Performance - Replies (21)

HI, IT´S ME AGAIN. MEXICO CITY IS 6,557 FT OVER SEA LEVEL. WHAT´S MY HOVER OUT OF GROUND EFFECT AT THIS ALTITUDE?

Print this item