Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,730
» Latest member: pf10015
» Forum threads: 3,576
» Forum posts: 25,506

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 9 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 8 Guest(s)
tcraft1946

Latest Threads
Swift
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Dick Campbell
4 hours ago
» Replies: 16
» Views: 2,459
Flying Car
Last Post: jimwitkowski
Yesterday, 11:17 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 1,179
preCharge World Forum RSS...
Last Post: Casey
10-18-2018, 04:25 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 57
2019 Trenton Factory Fly_...
Forum: Flyin's
Last Post: FlyGuy
10-18-2018, 02:48 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 37
Any owner near Nazareth, ...
Forum: Flyin's
Last Post: U-L- Copter
10-18-2018, 12:39 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 117
Mosquito XE 285 build tim...
Last Post: pilotarix
10-17-2018, 05:08 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 264
I want to share my today ...
Forum: Mosquito Flight Adventures
Last Post: FlyGuy
10-17-2018, 02:16 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 2,169
West Texas XET flying
Forum: Mosquito Flight Adventures
Last Post: Jacko
10-16-2018, 09:13 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 330
Hurricane Michael
Forum: Abstract (not related to Mosquito)
Last Post: NatureRecycleFlorida
10-14-2018, 02:06 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 93
Used Mosquito Air Wanted
Last Post: Dick Campbell
10-09-2018, 06:48 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 1,013

Air- experimental
Posted by: ernie - 11-24-2006, 12:31 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

I am about ready to commit. Other than money, my wife's safety concern is the big stopper. I plan to go to Sun 'n' fun and get help in convincing her. Assuming I get past that hurdle, then what I really want to build is an experimental Air. As long as I have my medical I want to log the time, and avoid the ultralight restrictions. Hopefully if I ever lose m medical, I could convert to ultralight.

Questions:
Can the bigger tanks on the XE be substituted?
Are plans for a vertical stabilizer available?
Are lights possible?
Is a run-on landing possible? If not, can the skids be changed?
Can an Air builder get started in Florida or is that only availble to the XE?

Thanks!

Print this item

Turbine Time
Posted by: Darren Winslow - 11-23-2006, 08:37 PM - Forum: Fuel and Engine - Replies (5)

Hello all, I am a new registered poster to the forums. I am very interested in the turbine version development. I have heard good things about the Mosquito and am glad to see it is reasonably priced. I am a 20 year retired Navy veteran and currently half way towards my private license, Here is a video link of my "first Solo" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rhcwl... I am flying a Schweitzer 300 CBI, I started in the Robbie but my instructor said that if I am going to continue on to my commercial the 300 would look better on a resume. My question is this.. do you think the turbine version of the Mosquito would be a good way to build turbine time? or would an employer just look at my logbook and say "aahh thats just a toy"? Thanks all, fly safe and keep up the good work.

Darren

Print this item

HIGHEST FLIGHT TIMES ON MZ202 ENGINES?
Posted by: GASMAN - 11-22-2006, 08:19 AM - Forum: Fuel and Engine - Replies (3)

Hi John,
I posted the following question in the forum "WEIGHT OF THE XET" when the discussion shifted to the MZ202. I have therefore reposted the thread here where it should be.

Hey John,
I recall from some source that you have 200 hours on the MZ202 that was in your Mosquito Air prototype, and then you put the same engine in your XE. If I'm remembering correctly, how many hours total is on the engine now?

Also, the guy that bought the first Mosquito Air recently made a post on this forum. I e-mailed him to ask the hours on his engine, but got no reply. Do you know the number of hours on his engine?

I think as a confidence builder, knowing how many hours are on the longest time MZ202 planes, and Mosquito would be of interest to all of us Mosquito folks.

Rotax has been around as the most popular UL two cycle engine, so all of us know or can get reliability info on those engines. The more reliability/hour info we can get on the MZ202 the more comfortable we all will feel about it. The specs about how modern the engine is, etc. surely support a theoretical argument that the engine should be very reliable. Having imperical data is the only way to actually make an accurate report card on the MZ202.

Anyone having actual info on the MZ202, please share it with the rest of us.

Thanks,
Eddy Thompson

Print this item

floats
Posted by: Matthew - 11-21-2006, 01:35 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

Print this item

building times
Posted by: Matthew - 11-20-2006, 01:04 AM - Forum: Shipping - Replies (2)

if you buy the xe prebuilt, how long will be take to be completed

Print this item

funding
Posted by: Matthew - 11-20-2006, 12:39 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (9)

anyways, does any one here know where i could get funding to buy xel. i looked and ask at sites, but i did not find any sites or they turn me down.

please help me

Print this item

fuel tanks
Posted by: Matthew - 11-20-2006, 12:36 AM - Forum: Fuel and Engine - Replies (2)

i saw that the xel has five gallons and the xe has 12. is there any way to change fuel tank. becasue right now i am want to buy the xel (soon in my life) and i would like to upgrade the tank when i get my pilot licence

also how big the the floats have to be???

Print this item

Empty weight of XET
Posted by: choeyongtaek - 11-12-2006, 06:20 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (13)

XET must have a new gear box to accomodate the T62 turbine engine. What is the approximate total empty weight of XET, comparing with the current XE?

Print this item

plans mosquito free
Posted by: batistattp2 - 11-12-2006, 12:51 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

Good. I am of the Brazil state of goias I liked very of this project innovador first-degree. Voces otimos. We go soon noque enteresça I have a lot will of have this project but nao I have like conprar this kit plans I have a house of persons with cancer where do I give total acistencia acasa and mine I will want to have this project I am mecanica of motors the my one salario and fudamental for manutença of home would like that some planners of this project min ajudasce sending the plan such as vidio prantas my high calibers. batistattp2_4@hotmail.com telephone 062.9615.6473 my name and eli a lot baptist obliged friend. mine another email bigger batistattp2@walla.com

Print this item

A Peek at the turbine
Posted by: Operation - 11-09-2006, 05:48 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (5)

http://www.innovator.mosquito.net.nz/...

Print this item