Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,553
» Latest member: qwerty
» Forum threads: 3,470
» Forum posts: 24,710

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 3 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 3 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
Mosquito practice autos
Forum: Video Vault
Last Post: Frederic Moreau
Yesterday, 01:21 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 99
Inntec 800 reliability
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Sigi
03-14-2018, 08:48 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 390
Mosquito Practice autorot...
Forum: Video Vault
Last Post: heliav8r
03-14-2018, 05:03 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 65
Last Post: 77jbob
03-14-2018, 01:27 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 196
Mosquito Helicopters logo
Last Post: 77jbob
03-13-2018, 01:45 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 1,754
Last Post: marcher07
03-12-2018, 03:30 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 376
Radio Interference
Forum: Instruments
Last Post: doc.hollyday
03-04-2018, 05:38 PM
» Replies: 43
» Views: 4,074
Inntec 800 conversion
Last Post: grevis
02-28-2018, 06:39 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 811
Mosquito accident in Odes...
Last Post: Nolen95
02-27-2018, 04:46 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 3,013
Trenton 2018 Fly-In, Get ...
Forum: Flyin's
Last Post: FlyGuy
02-26-2018, 08:56 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,041

Flight Characteristics of the Mosquito
Posted by: lugo2214 - 06-06-2006, 12:29 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (19)

I think there are enough people checking this web-site for developments daily. A chat room would be nice to interact with all the Mosquito watchers............... :o What are the flight characteristics of the Mosquito

Print this item

A Heli Hello every one!
Posted by: Mario - 06-02-2006, 11:05 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (3)

I am elated to find the new Mosquito site, and would like to wish Blair and John good luck and success with it. All to the benefit of us builders and prospective folks who own or wish to build one of these great little machines. I've built one and flown it. Trust me, you will never feel a rush of "adrenaline" quite like it; and honestly can say that you can't beat its performance and capabilities for the money. Not that money should be the most determining aspect when embarking in such an endeavor, but it certainly makes it more attainable a reality to the average folk who could only dream of owning his/her own helicopter.

I look forward to see lots of activity in this forum while being able to share my experiences with The Mosquito with everyone.
I will be on vacation thru June 12, after which time I plan to resume my participation on this forum, share my thoughts and post some video of my flying Mosquito
Best Regards,

Print this item

Builders choice
Posted by: Brad Hale - 05-30-2006, 08:49 PM - Forum: General Discussion - No Replies

If your concidering building an aircraft,buy what you will be most happy with! I bought the open frame.Some I know prefer an enclosure.A flight suite and helmet is good enough for me. The next thought you should consider is adhering to the weight restrictions of a very lean 254lb. helicopter or opting for an experimental catagory helicopter ,all types of these John sells and for cost and function there are no close competators. If you think ultralight is for you read Federal Aviation Regulations part 103. It will answer those when and where can I fly questions. Experimental catagory brings with it, Builder inspections, an EAA chapter can usually help there. Also Annual aircraft inspection,private pilot certificate with rotorcraft endorsment. I trained In A Hughes 300c my friend trained in A robinson R22. What a blast! I,m hooked. One last thing,take an intro flight somewhere so you know its for you and absolutly take john up on his discount.

Print this item

Posted by: keithinBC - 05-24-2006, 01:47 PM - Forum: Flight training - Replies (4)

Straight off the street?? how much per hr? I understand 40 hours is required! Also, I am curious as to the variation on the specs' 8000ft IGE & 6000 ft OGE......could u explain this!?

Print this item

Posted by: Keithin BC - 05-24-2006, 01:43 PM - Forum: Flight training - Replies (1)

So, am I to understand that one can pay to take hovering etc in a Hughes or Robinson, street off the street!?

Print this item

My latest practice video
Posted by: Hoyt A. Stearns Jr. - 05-19-2006, 08:59 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (8)

My latest video of practice hovering is now at my website:

It felt quite good -- plenty of power. The density altitude is about 5000 ft ( 1500 Meters) .

It can get to 122oF (50 C. ) here, but It looks as if the engine can handle it.
Another hour and I will probably feel quite comfortable removing the "training wheels"
and "pushing the limits" Smile .

If you just want to see the latest video, it comes directly from my home system because Cox, the
service provider, doesn't support such large files:

P.S. Since the top cylinder runs hotter than the lower one due to the increased cooling airflow at
the bottom, does it make sense to open the bottom carburetor more than the top to equalize the temperatures?

Print this item

Posted by: GASMAN - 05-14-2006, 06:21 AM - Forum: Performance - Replies (20)

I've seen the comment saying the Mosquito can autorotate. As a probable future buyer, I'm more interested in discussion about real autorotations which have actually been performed.
1. Does it auto well?
2. How easy is it in the Mosquito compared to other helicopters you or others have flown who can give realistic comparisons.
3. Does the rotor provide good inertia performance allowing for more capability to succeed in autos, or is the inertia performance low making the auto a more critical maneuver (more difficult to perform successfully)?
4. Discussion of actual auto experiences is very critical to my personal decision to buy a Mosquito. I know any helicopter will auto, given the physics of rotor systems, but how well a given machine will actually auto is the only really important information needed for a specific machine.

Eddy Thompson

Print this item

New kinds of engines
Posted by: Hoyt A. Stearns Jr. - 05-11-2006, 04:44 PM - Forum: Fuel and Engine - Replies (2)

Have a look at these:

P.S. I just moved over to this forum from the old one.
See my Mosquito at http://members.cox.net/hoyt-stearns
and my suggestions and postings on the old forum.

Print this item

Law Enforcement Operations
Posted by: potbuster - 05-09-2006, 02:06 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

I think that this would be ideal for Law Enforcement Operations such as Marijuana Eradication and some searching for missing person. Is there any being used for this?

Print this item

Canadian Regulations
Posted by: Jeff - 05-07-2006, 11:16 AM - Forum: Performance - Replies (1)

Does anyone know what license you need in Canada to fly the Mosquito XE and XEL? I've searched the Web and all I can find is FAA regs.

Print this item