Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,731
» Latest member: midget1
» Forum threads: 3,575
» Forum posts: 25,511

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 12 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 12 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
West Texas XET flying
Forum: Mosquito Flight Adventures
Last Post: Jacko
2 hours ago
» Replies: 13
» Views: 455
Swift
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Casey
Yesterday, 05:37 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 2,671
Flying Car
Last Post: jimwitkowski
10-19-2018, 11:17 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,260
2019 Trenton Factory Fly_...
Forum: Flyin's
Last Post: FlyGuy
10-18-2018, 02:48 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 58
Any owner near Nazareth, ...
Forum: Flyin's
Last Post: U-L- Copter
10-18-2018, 12:39 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 129
Mosquito XE 285 build tim...
Last Post: pilotarix
10-17-2018, 05:08 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 299
I want to share my today ...
Forum: Mosquito Flight Adventures
Last Post: FlyGuy
10-17-2018, 02:16 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 2,202
Hurricane Michael
Forum: Abstract (not related to Mosquito)
Last Post: NatureRecycleFlorida
10-14-2018, 02:06 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 111
Used Mosquito Air Wanted
Last Post: Dick Campbell
10-09-2018, 06:48 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 1,032
Beware of Powerlines! Get...
Last Post: Darrell J Jones
10-09-2018, 11:06 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 614

Progress Report?
Posted by: Dave R. - 11-09-2006, 05:14 AM - Forum: Fuel and Engine - Replies (4)

How about a progress report on alternative engine development? Also, have you considered the available fuel injection for the MZ202? What kind of lead time do you project for full kit availabiity (XE)? Thanks,
Dave Rains
El Paso Wink

Print this item

Mosquito #2
Posted by: grettonma - 11-07-2006, 10:34 AM - Forum: Flight training - Replies (3)

Good morning fellow rotor heads.
Been flying Mosquito #2 for a few years now.
The only real problem I have had is when I push it out for a flight the ramp gets crowded with pilots and looky loos.
They do tend to get in the way. But what a price to pay for notoriety.
I tend to stay at the airport (SEE) and hover taxi with all of the R-22's and 44's.
We also have all the tv newscopters (Bell 206', 212's) and the ASTREA (Sheriff's huey's) unit based here so there is never a shortage of helo's in the air at any given time. But the Mosquito is the one that always gets the attention. Thanks John. A great design and very reliable.

Being a controlled field I fly with a hand held transceiver strapped to my leg and wired into my helmet. Looks goofy but it sorta keeps me legal. Normally I have to land and reduce rotor speed to even hear the tower. Working on that though. A new device will seal the ears and improve the clarity without killing my hearing.

Gotta get to work. Thanks again John. Great job!

Michael Smile

Print this item

Ultralight Amphibian for sale
Posted by: GASMAN - 11-04-2006, 08:14 PM - Forum: General Discussion - No Replies

Hey gang,
I have my ultralight amphibian for sale to make room in my hangar for my Mosquito XEL. If any of you are interested or know anyone else who is interested, you can see photos and info at the following site:

http://www.azultralights.com/

Scroll down until you see my add (white/black/red amphibian).

Thanks,
Eddy Thompson

Print this item

factory visit
Posted by: dulric00 - 10-31-2006, 12:47 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

Is there a factory located in Florida and is it possible to visit and get general information?

Please advise
thanks
dan

Print this item

production??...
Posted by: James - 10-30-2006, 07:31 PM - Forum: Pricing - Replies (3)

hi... i was looking thru the pricing details, and i remember seeing a specific section that mentions a smaller deposit for production? instead of assuming i'd rather ask to be sure, what exactly does this mean?

Production may be subscribed to by requesting an application and returning it with a deposit of US$4,000.00 for the Frame Kit or US$8,000.00 for the full kit

thanks

Print this item

HORIZONTAL STAB NEEDED WITH FLOATS?
Posted by: GASMAN - 10-30-2006, 07:06 PM - Forum: Performance - Replies (3)

John,
You are the only guy I'm aware of that has flown the XEL. As I look close at the photos, I actually see a small horizontal stab. The drawings in my build package don't show this even on the float view for the XEL.

It seems to me the stab is necessary due to the drag created by the floats and a pitch down tendancy due to the extra drag.

If it is a requirement, there is nothing addressing this in the pricing except that the XEL is $1000 more than the XE.

Is the stab, therefore, part of the float package?

Thanks,
Eddy

Print this item

engine blocks
Posted by: Matthew - 10-28-2006, 10:30 AM - Forum: Fuel and Engine - Replies (5)

are there any engine blocks on the mosquito xe helicopter?

Print this item

shipping times
Posted by: Matthew - 10-26-2006, 10:28 AM - Forum: Shipping - Replies (1)

how many weeks days or months will it take to ship a mosquito xe pre built. also how much would it be to ship. i live in the us.

Print this item

saftey questions
Posted by: Ericcme - 10-23-2006, 12:56 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

I noticed that the mosquito does not have any sort of stabalizors for any axis. I would assume this would make things a little scary in the event of a tail rotor failure, depending on your speed. It seems like it might handle well in forward flight, granted the tail rotor doesn't spin off into the main rotor (A concern for any size helicopter), but when you level off for the run on landing is when the weight will shift and no longer want to keep the nose in front of you. Will we see maybe an aftermarket stabalizer? What are your thoughts on this issue.

Second question...
I noticed that some ultralight aircraft manufacturers structurally test their aircraft/rotorcraft with torque meters to make sure components are not reaching their stress limits. From an engineering stand point, this is important in assuring that finite analysis is close to actual stress and strain predictions. What forms of analysis (Mathmatical and structural testing)were performed on this product to assure structural stability when exposed to long term static and short term dynamic loading?

Sorry for the long post! I'm a first year composite materials engineering student, and am excited to someday own an XEL helicopter and see this company grow safely!

Print this item

Web server fried after storm.
Posted by: Operation - 10-23-2006, 01:46 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

We apologise for the recent outage of the Mosquito website. The hosting server was fried during a storm, they are currently restoring the data. It is expected we will have the site completely online again in 6 - 12 hours.

the photo's for this site and the promotion site should be back up today.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Print this item