Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,803
» Latest member: murf26
» Forum threads: 3,616
» Forum posts: 25,722

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 14 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 14 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
New Owner
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: arrow123
Yesterday, 10:08 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 215
Mosquito Heli Map
Last Post: FlyNavy
01-15-2019, 03:05 AM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 6,109
Server Tansition
Last Post: marcher07
01-04-2019, 03:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
my flights
Forum: Flyin's
Last Post: mauri
01-03-2019, 06:12 PM
» Replies: 50
» Views: 7,368
Post a picture of your in...
Last Post: grevis
12-24-2018, 10:13 PM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 3,841
Ontario, Canada Mosquito ...
Last Post: FlyGuy
12-20-2018, 02:58 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 693
Embroidered Mosquito Shir...
12-20-2018, 08:00 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 151
Flyin Williston Florida
Forum: Abstract (not related to Mosquito)
Last Post: NatureRecycleFlorida
12-20-2018, 03:01 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 333
Startup manual XET + Aux ...
Last Post: marcher07
12-18-2018, 08:44 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 435
NZ members.
12-16-2018, 09:51 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 397

buy video
Posted by: eduardopimentel - 12-17-2006, 05:33 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (3)

hi, this is eduardo from brazil.
i ´ve tried to buy a turbine video, but google do not allows.
there is a state restriction and only us citizen can fill out the form
does anybody help me to buy this video.
thanks

Print this item

dvd
Posted by: chickenhawk - 12-15-2006, 12:23 PM - Forum: Pricing - Replies (2)

Hello I was wondering if I can pick up your dvd in calgary as I will be living there soon.. also if I request the machine to be built by your factory is it shipped in parts? how exactly is is brought up from florida? Do I fly it up? I am already a heli pilot....may not want to fly cross north america in an ultra. Thanks in advance for your reply

Print this item

floats
Posted by: 4884 - 12-13-2006, 08:03 AM - Forum: Performance - Replies (1)

John Just wanted to see how it worked out with the floats on the mosquito air ? :o

Print this item

air
Posted by: john90j - 12-11-2006, 10:59 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

on the subject of back orders if order was placed now how long would take to ship out

Print this item

airbags for helicopters
Posted by: Matthew - 12-10-2006, 06:31 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

mosquito, is there any way to put on "REAPS Rotorcraft External Airbag" on the xe,xel and or xet?

http://defense-update.com/products/r/...

Print this item

Potential Pilot
Posted by: lostgriz - 12-10-2006, 03:50 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

As are many of the other posters in this forum, I am very excited about the Mosquito and am eager to learn more and hear the feedback as more of these are flying.

I am a paraglider pilot that is looking very seriously at other types of aircraft that may be within my reach. I have recently been looking at gyroplanes and think they may be a good alternative for me, as they claim to be much safer than fixed wings or helicopters. If anyone has any comments in that regard I would love to hear them.

I have a couple of quick questions on the mosquito:

Is there any merit to the thought of a BRS system for this craft? Is it possible?

Has anyone thought of putting a light tubular "cab assembly on the air version with a plexi bubble wind shield?

I have heard that there is around 15 of these flying. Approximately what is the most hours a builder has logged flying to date?

How many of these craft (air, XE and XEL) have been produced? Kits and complete? How many are back ordered?

Thanks for your time in considering these question. I am very interested in your products and am excited to see how they evolve, as I research what type of aircraft is right for me.

Thanks

Print this item

"51% rule" compliance
Posted by: aviatrexx - 12-09-2006, 04:55 PM - Forum: Registration and Licencing - Replies (2)

I just checked the FAA list of aircraft kits that have met their rather squishy definition of "major portion fabricated and assembled by an individual", commonly referred to as the "51% rule". Curious, and notable by exception, was the absence of any of the Mosquito designs. All the other major helicopter kit designs were represented.

The FAA readily admits that there are many aircraft designs that might meet the "major portion" rule but those kit manufacturers have not submitted a request to be included. No doubt more is required than a simple "request"; you just know the Feds are going to want all sort of documentation of manufacturer effort vs. builder effort.

I know for a fact that the "major portion" determination for a helicopter kit is considerably more lenient than for a fixed-wing kit, owing to the complexity of the rotor components. The FAA isn't stupid; it doesn't want Joe Allthumbs assembling rotorheads, regardless of how much how that might tilt the 51% towards the kit manufacturer. However, the simpler the design, the harder it is to come up with enough work for the individual to perform to qualify as the major portion. I have no concern about the quality of the engineering or parts manufacture of the Mosquito, but I do want to be able to register it "Experimental - Amateur Built".

Regardless of the effort required to get the FAA's blessing, it would seem to be a worthwhile imprimatur to pursue. Otherwise, the onus is on the builder to prove that he completed the "major portion". Since I'd like to take advantage of the "factory builder assistance" program, and given the wide variation in FAR interpretation by FAA officials in different regions of the country, I'd rather not risk running afoul of a dyspeptic DAR at the last minute.

What's your thinking on this, John?

-Chip-

Print this item

a really basic question...
Posted by: aviatrexx - 12-09-2006, 02:59 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

I suppose that "XEL" stands for "XE-Light" but what does "XE" stand for?
"eXEllent", "eXtra Excitement", "eXternal Enclosure"?

Smile

-Chip-

Print this item

kit pricing
Posted by: Matthew - 12-07-2006, 09:43 PM - Forum: Pricing - Replies (4)

i just looked over the kit pricing and i saw that to have the mosquito xe pre-built you would have to add 4500 insead of 4000. did you add 500 more to the price to have it tested?

also, i was just wondering, did the mosquito xe come pre painted and Mosquito and pre polished before?

also again, what happen to the avionics price for the Transceiver

sorry for all of the questions :o

Print this item

My Kit
Posted by: keffer - 12-07-2006, 09:27 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

Any idea where I am at with my kit?

Print this item