Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,580
» Latest member: marianmadalin
» Forum threads: 3,486
» Forum posts: 24,790

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 5 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 5 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
Pictures Needed!
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: NatureRecycleFlorida
10 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 131
Shooting in Trenton
Forum: Abstract (not related to Mosquito)
Last Post: FlyGuy
Today, 12:40 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Helicopter Airframe wante...
Last Post: marianmadalin
Yesterday, 12:34 PM
» Views: 31
2018 Fly-In
Forum: Video Vault
04-18-2018, 02:02 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 80
Apache /Blackhawk
Forum: Abstract (not related to Mosquito)
04-15-2018, 06:21 PM
» Views: 96
2018 Trenton Photos
Forum: Flyin's
04-15-2018, 06:17 PM
» Views: 114
Trenton 2018 Fly-In, Get ...
04-13-2018, 05:28 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 1,742
3 years of Flyin videos
04-12-2018, 10:04 PM
» Views: 96
XE
Last Post: pilotarix
04-12-2018, 07:02 PM
» Views: 233
Mz202 was sold to a guy i...
Forum: Fuel and Engine
Last Post: swashplate
04-10-2018, 05:23 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 1,619

Law Enforcement Operations
Posted by: potbuster - 05-09-2006, 02:06 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

I think that this would be ideal for Law Enforcement Operations such as Marijuana Eradication and some searching for missing person. Is there any being used for this?

Print this item

Canadian Regulations
Posted by: Jeff - 05-07-2006, 11:16 AM - Forum: Performance - Replies (1)

Does anyone know what license you need in Canada to fly the Mosquito XE and XEL? I've searched the Web and all I can find is FAA regs.

Print this item

4 stroke engine
Posted by: TexEod - 05-06-2006, 07:53 AM - Forum: Fuel and Engine - Replies (23)

Mr. Uptigrove,
I'm sure you've considered the AeroTwin engine, that powers the Airscooter II, for a possible 4 stroke conversion of you excellent Mosquito aircraft. I understand at 90 lbs. (dry) it's a bit heavy, but with the ability to mount vertically it would seem a near perfect engine. No heavy 90 degree gearbox needed. It's stated 65 horsepower, at 4200rpm, would require a different pulley ratio, but that isn't a major problem. Possibly a minimum carbon fiber body would still let it meet the Part 103 regs.
Just wanted to hear your ideas. I hope in Sept to be ordering one of your kits.
Please keep up the excellent working, keeping alot of aviation dreams alive!!!

TexEod

Print this item

mosquitos in minnesota
Posted by: caryr - 05-04-2006, 08:30 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

I was wondering if you have sold any kits in Minnesota and are any of them flying.

Thank You

Print this item

what of carb heat?
Posted by: R44 Pilot - 04-27-2006, 06:13 PM - Forum: Performance - Replies (2)

Hi.
I haven't seen any mention so far of an RPM governor, or of carburetor heat. Does the mosquito have these systems? Also, it sounds like the floats are easily removeable, and (apart from the rear stab) are the only difference between the XE and the XEL. What are the legal implications of removing the floats from an XEL for flight, in Canada? Does it change the category of your aircraft, ie; from ultralight to experimental?
Thanks
James

Print this item

more info
Posted by: joekickass - 04-27-2006, 04:26 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (3)

I was about to purchase your info pack, but was skeptical it would have what I am looking for. I have many questions, but am principally concerned about the maintenance schedule for the mosquito. Is there a schedule, and what is the pricing and availability status of components? I am not an AME, can I perform the maintenance myself? I assume that you, John, are qualified to sign off the Annual Airworthiness Inspection that I'll need for my CofA, but where else can I have this done if I'm nowhere near Calgary when it comes due?
I'm still confused as to exactly what category of aircraft the mosquito fall into here in Canada. Experimental?
Thanks
J

Print this item

European Mosquitos
Posted by: prega - 04-26-2006, 02:05 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

Hi Mosquito-lovers,
I'm very interested in the Mosquito and i would like to see one before buying one.
I live in The Netherlands in a town named Almere, nearby the airfield Lelystad.
Does anyone know if a nearby Mosquito by chance?

Print this item

New video clip added
Posted by: Operation - 04-23-2006, 10:48 PM - Forum: General Discussion - No Replies

Ultraflight Magazine Video of the Mosquito XE

http://www.innovator.mosquito.net.nz/...

This is a 12 minute video interview. and takes a while to buffer, However it is well worth the bandwidth.

Print this item

LVR AERO ENGIN 4 S/ 4 C AIR COOLED
Posted by: kingsley - 04-23-2006, 07:21 PM - Forum: Fuel and Engine - Replies (8)

THERE S A MAKER OF THIS MOST SUITABLE ENGINE IN BELGIUM. VISIT WWW://MASQUITO.BE TO KNOW FULL DETAIL. ( RPT MASQUITO )

120HP/3700RPM TTL WEIGHT IS 121LBS .
PLS FOLLOW IT UP

Print this item

flight training
Posted by: DEN - 04-23-2006, 06:41 PM - Forum: Registration and Licencing - Replies (16)

I have just sent a request for 10 hours of flight training to a heicopter school in Whitecourt, Alberta. Canada. I explained why I wanted 10 hrs only and what I was going to do with it when it becomes legal. Their answer will be very interesting, I hope, and I will pass it along on the forum when I recieve it.

Print this item