Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,730
» Latest member: pf10015
» Forum threads: 3,576
» Forum posts: 25,499

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 12 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 10 Guest(s)
hlldan, Mad Mosquito

Latest Threads
preCharge World Forum RSS...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: tahmeddd
43 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
2019 Trenton Factory Fly_...
Forum: Flyin's
Last Post: FlyGuy
9 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Any owner near Nazareth, ...
Forum: Flyin's
Last Post: U-L- Copter
11 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 105
Mosquito XE 285 build tim...
Last Post: pilotarix
Yesterday, 05:08 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 243
I want to share my today ...
Forum: Mosquito Flight Adventures
Last Post: FlyGuy
Yesterday, 02:16 AM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 2,141
West Texas XET flying
Forum: Mosquito Flight Adventures
Last Post: Jacko
10-16-2018, 09:13 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 321
Swift
Last Post: pilotarix
10-14-2018, 01:03 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 2,296
Hurricane Michael
Forum: Abstract (not related to Mosquito)
Last Post: NatureRecycleFlorida
10-14-2018, 02:06 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 79
Used Mosquito Air Wanted
Last Post: Dick Campbell
10-09-2018, 06:48 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 1,001
Beware of Powerlines! Get...
Last Post: Darrell J Jones
10-09-2018, 11:06 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 594

STARTING FLIGHT TRAINING TOMORROW ... YEAH BABY!
Posted by: GASMAN - 09-01-2006, 01:26 PM - Forum: Flight training - Replies (44)

Today, I stopped procrastinating and scheduled some flight training starting tommorrow. I'll be flying in a Hughes 300c at Helicopter Adventures Inc. in Titusville , Florida. The school has over 20 Hughes 300c's, several R22's, and a Jet Ranger. The school is busy 7 days a week and has helis in the air continuously. I've known the company owner for several years and have always been impressed with the operation, safety record, and maintenance.

The cost for dual is $245/hour. Right now, I plan to train until I solo.

Really looking forward to the experience....YEAH BABY!

Later,
Eddy

Print this item

Build Level of Difficulty
Posted by: c141ip - 08-24-2006, 12:47 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

John,

I know the plans must have a procedure outlined for balancing the main rotor and tail rotor blades, but just curious what that procedure is? Does it require purchase of special equipment, or is it less difficult than that. Could you also briefly describe the method for ensuring proper alignment of the tail rotor drive shaft, techniques etc? These, at least in my mind, seem as though they would be the most demanding parts of the construction process.

Thanks
Bill

Print this item

Operations
Posted by: ernie - 08-23-2006, 09:51 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (9)

I think I have read most of the posts on the site to avoid asking questions that have already been answered. I am a helicopter pilot interested in the Mosquito if I can convince myself that I could use it regularly. From other posts I have gotten the following impressions:

Autorotations are acceptable
Regular maintenance consists of pre- and postflights, grease every 10 hours, major overhaul at 500.

My questions:

Specs indicate a cruise speed of 70-75. Is that realistic?
How much unscheduled maintenance is typically required?
Has any Mosquito exceeded 200 hours yet?
Is anyone using one on a daily or near daily basis?
Where is the nearest place that I could go to see one and watch it fly?

I think I am leaning toward an experimental "air" but I will look at the XE as well.

Thanks,

ernie

Print this item

Mosquito Prints
Posted by: keffer - 08-22-2006, 02:33 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (3)

I have received my prints and have started to draw some of the items in Autodesk Inventor while I wait for the actual parts. I am interested in doing some stress anaylsis on the high stress parts if I can get all the dimensions and material specifications. Attached is part 32-05 with a 10,000 lb load applied to the mounting holes for detail 32-02. The center 0.999 hole is constrained. I would also like the specifications on the rotor blades to calculate the forces on 32-01 and 32-05 or I could enter your calculations if you would like. Just let me know.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Low life spam losers
Posted by: mosquito - 08-19-2006, 02:35 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

A note to all, we have limited write access to the forum to registered members only due to a sudden surge of low life spammers attacking the site. We welcome input to the forum from all enthusiasts so if you would like to contribute please register (its free) and provide us with your comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
If you're a spammer, come out of hiding so we can deal with you.

Print this item

technical information
Posted by: PASCAL69 - 08-19-2006, 02:26 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (7)

hello from france

the MOSQUITO is it equipe of a RPM for the automatic regulation of the turns rotor
forgiveness for my English

Pascal

Print this item

VERY FEW POSTS SINCE OSHKOSH ... WHAT'S UP?
Posted by: GASMAN - 08-17-2006, 03:46 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (10)

I was expecting an increase in posts after OSHKOSH, but the site seems to have gone to sleep. Aside from the scum bags that posted, hardly no posts have been done by members, operations, John, or owners.

Is there something I don't know about causing this or what?

Man, no new posts or discussions is killing me! What's Up?

I need my daily dose of "Mosquito Banter"!

How about some comments about Mosquito activity at OSHKOSH, or just anything helicopter there.

Later,
Eddy Sad Sad Sad Sad

Print this item

Turbine Status
Posted by: Dave R. - 08-16-2006, 05:07 PM - Forum: Fuel and Engine - Replies (31)

OK, you guys have been home for a week. Where do you stand on the turbine update? Projected costs? Range? Inquireing minds want to know. If your having a hard time catching up after Kosh, may I suggest you work at night? We will sleep for you, JUST GET THE THING DONE! I'm OK now........
Just the damn voices repeating "mosquito-mosquito.....
Dave Rains
El Paso
with money

Print this item

Posted by: STEVE - 08-06-2006, 08:08 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

DO YOU KNOW OF ANY FLYING OR UNDER CONSTRUCTION NEAR CLEVELAND, TN., 30 MILES NORTH OF CHATT. TN.

Print this item

Site Update
Posted by: Dave R. - 07-29-2006, 04:28 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (6)

Where did everyone go? Would sure like to know if this outfit is still paying attention to those of us interested in purchasing their product Sad
What's the status on the tubine or recipicating upgrade and costs? Hope all went well at Kosh.
Skeeter Wink

Print this item