Mosquito Helicopter Forums
info in meter - Printable Version

+- Mosquito Helicopter Forums (http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Forum: Instruments (http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: info in meter (/showthread.php?tid=10266)

Pages: 1 2

info in meter - M E Woods - 07-02-2019

I wish to know if there is a way to retrieve the hours ran from a 2009 model " Air " . bird has a " tiny tact " with 6 hours showing on it, this I find very hard to believe for that old of an engine, meters are round style but I have no
name yet. Is there a way to pull this up ( history )? Have been told by owner, bird has been stored inside all
of its life, looks good in photo, but 6 hr.s ? Also wish to know what maintenance required ( every 100 hr or ???
would a log book be required on it or is this something just left up to the owner ( I intend to ask him about it and
would like to know if he tells me the truth ). Were All those models in kit form ?

RE: info in meter - marcher07 - 07-03-2019

Short answer is no,

RE: info in meter - Dick Campbell - 07-03-2019

If the owner cannot produce build logs or maintenance records, I would walk away. The owner should also have an aircraft manual that details the maintenance requirements.

RE: info in meter - M E Woods - 07-03-2019

(07-03-2019, 01:11 PM)Dick Campbell Wrote: If the owner cannot produce build logs or maintenance records, I would walk away.  The owner should also have an aircraft manual that details the maintenance requirements.

Thank You for your reply.  Its still several weeks until I can go see it but I will talk to him before long
and hope to learn more about some of the details that I would like.

RE: info in meter - Dick Campbell - 07-05-2019

Good luck. Would also note that the Air is an ultralight, so it would not have an airworthiness certificate and keeping logs or maintenance records is not a requirement.

RE: info in meter - M E Woods - 07-05-2019

Thank You for your reply , I kind of thought that was the way it was going. I think looking at other equipment he may have will tell me a lot about it. If there taken care of, then there's a good chance it was also taken good care of.

RE: info in meter - FlyGuy - 07-05-2019

Mr. Woods,

If it were me, and I suggest this to anyone that is looking at buying a "used" Mosquito, get in touch with Mike Messex (marcher07) and have him do a "pre-purchase inspection". This way you will know what you are in for. It is my belief that the only person that knows more than Mike about the Mosquito is Dwight Junkin.

Michael

RE: info in meter - Jacko - 07-07-2019

Unless the Tiny Tach has been disconnected for a while, or replaced, it should show total engine running time quite accurately - including idling while warming up and cooling down.

Unless there are contra indications of greater use (drive belts and sprockets, blade leading edges, etc.), I’d be inclined to trust the time shown on the Tiny Tach. Some folk don’t actually fly their Mosquitoes much.

RE: info in meter - M E Woods - 07-07-2019

Thank You for your input, that helps a lot as do the other replies I have received .

RE: info in meter - Dick Campbell - 07-07-2019

All of the drive belts will need to be replaced because of age.