Mosquito Helicopter Forums
Eddy Thompson - Printable Version

+- Mosquito Helicopter Forums (
+-- Forum: General Discussion (
+--- Forum: General Discussion (
+--- Thread: Eddy Thompson (/showthread.php?tid=1547)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Eddy Thompson - mosquito - 07-04-2010

It is with great sorrow today that I have to report the death of Eddy Thompson in an accident in his Mosquito Helicopter. Our thoughts and prayers are with Eddie's wife Margaret and his family. Eddie was a strong proponent of helicopter safety and to say that "he will be missed" is a huge understatement. At this point we know very little of the details surrounding this tragedy but as we investigate and learn more we will update with details.

RE: Eddy Thompson - rv7guy - 07-04-2010

There simply are not words....

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ

RE: Eddy Thompson - rsm - 07-04-2010

I just learned of the passing of the great and one and only Eddy Thompson just a few hours ago, I am still in shock and am wiping away the tears. My heart goes out to Eddy's family, the rest of the mosquito community, and everyone that had the honor and priviledge of meeting and getting to know Eddy. Eddy was truley a one of a kind. The saying that someone lights up a room doesn't do Eddy justice, he really had that kind of effect and power on anyone that had the great fortune of meeting eddy. While I am very sad that Eddy is gone, I am so thankful and blessed to have gotten to know and experience Eddy in person, I will never ever forget or take my time with him for granted. I really looked up to Eddy as I know many of you did too, I loved hearing his voice, listening to his funny jokes and taking in his vast knowledge of everything not just helicopters and watching a man truley enjoy life and better those how could be around him. Mark, as I said earlier to you in email, my heart goes out to you and your family, we are all greiving with you and I will personally do anything asked of you to help and am available anytime for anything even if just to talk. Eddy will truley be missed and never ever forgotten........

RE: Eddy Thompson - Operation - 07-04-2010

My thoughts and prayers are with Eddie's wife Margaret, Mark, and family. We used to talk for hours on Skype, about everything and nothing. You will be sadly missed buddy.

RE: Eddy Thompson - rhrocker - 07-04-2010

I am in shock. Eddy was just working with me on an engine issue. I was having a problem and he wouldn't quit until we had solved it, that's the type of person I knew him as. I was just now reading an artical he had written about Sun N Fun in the current issue of Experimental Helo. After reading the article I came and sat at my computer to email him on a great story and a job well done. This is when I read the news of his death. To his family, and to you especially Mark, my sincerest condolences. You two were inseperable. Eddy, we miss you.
Rob Hensarling

RE: Eddy Thompson - regis - 07-04-2010

Sad ? Sad ? Sad ?

RE: Eddy Thompson - Steve - 07-04-2010

What a loss,

Eddy was a great man and will be missed by all who knew him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Goodbye my friend

RE: Eddy Thompson - JRL - 07-04-2010

C'est une bien triste nouvelle et un grande perte.
Mes pensees vont a sa famille et a ses proches.

It is a very sad news and a great loss.
My thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

RE: Eddy Thompson - Rob Hall - 07-04-2010

I am just stunned. I felt that I knew him well, years before we even met.
I had the pleasure of meeting Eddy and working with him on the Mosquito stand at Oshkosh 2008. That at least I have of him to cherish.
My condolences to all the family.
Rob Hall

RE: Eddy Thompson - Fireman - 07-04-2010

My condolences to all the family, from Denmark

Morten Bonnevent