Mosquito Helicopter Forums
Colorado Mosquito Air Force Drive-In - Printable Version

+- Mosquito Helicopter Forums (http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Forum: Flyin's (http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Colorado Mosquito Air Force Drive-In (/showthread.php?tid=7500)

Colorado Mosquito Air Force Drive-In - FlyGuy - 05-13-2017

[attachment=2549][attachment=2550][attachment=2551]A great weekend has begun with a beautiful day. The almost official Colorado Mosquito Air force had their first get together. Mosquito Field Mechanic Mike Messex recruited to assist Tom Olson and  Jim Lynch to assist in the completion of their XELs and me with my fuel mapping and general inspection ( a fresh set of experienced eyes). I am just a regular guy but to have three helicopters in my garage with  like minded people working on them and loving every minute of it is unreal!

Day two starts tomorrow hopefully the weather will still be great and we will get another engine dialed in. This is good stuff!

RE: Colorado Mosquito Air Force Drive-In - Frederic Moreau - 05-14-2017

(05-13-2017, 04:18 AM)FlyGuy Wrote: A great weekend has begun with a beautiful day. The almost official Colorado Mosquito Air force had their first get together. Mosquito Field Mechanic Mike Messex recruited to assist Tom Olson and  Jim Lynch to assist in the completion of their XELs and me with my fuel mapping and general inspection ( a fresh set of experienced eyes). I am just a regular guy but to have three helicopters in my garage with  like minded people working on them and loving every minute of it is unreal!

Day two starts tomorrow hopefully the weather will still be great and we will get another engine dialed in. This is good stuff!
Hello Michael,

It should be very exiting to have 3 mosquitos in your nice garage... I was a little with you by spirit as Mike Messex takes the time to answer my many questions when working with you on the birds... Hope you get more answers to your questions as for me :-)

Regards,
Fred

RE: Colorado Mosquito Air Force Drive-In - FlyGuy - 05-15-2017

Nation,

Finally got this ready to share. Thanks to Jim Lynch, Tom Olsen, and especially Mike Messex for a great Mosquito weekend. The saying, "A pilot is always learning" is true. It is always good to have fresh eyes look at your ship. The check list that Mike uses to evaluate a ship made my chin hit the floor, but that is what I wanted. When I am flying the only thing I need to think about is flying, not bolts, nuts, belts, etc! Having fresh eyes look at our ships gave us insight on our builds and showed why in some cases that any modification needs to be well thought through! Being such a small ship that performs like it does says a lot of the thought about its design.

RE: Colorado Mosquito Air Force Drive-In - Frederic Moreau - 05-15-2017

Nice Video Michael !
Would love to have Mike at home here in Belgium to have the seal of approval too ...

RE: Colorado Mosquito Air Force Drive-In - jb92563 - 05-15-2017

You guys are having so much fun. I wish there were some Mosquito get togethers in Socal.
I didn't even know there was one until it came up for sale a few months ago.
It was an Air "Harley Copter" Mosquito.

Is that check list available anywhere?
I'd love to see it. It would be very handy when buying a second hand Mosquito for sure.

RE: Colorado Mosquito Air Force Drive-In - RotorTim - 05-16-2017

Very cool!

RE: Colorado Mosquito Air Force Drive-In - surjim11 - 05-23-2017

(05-15-2017, 09:24 PM)FlyGuy Wrote: Nation,

Finally got this ready to share. Thanks to Jim Lynch, Tom Olsen, and especially Mike Messex for a great Mosquito weekend. The saying, "A pilot is always learning" is true. It is always good to have fresh eyes look at your ship. The check list that Mike uses to evaluate a ship made my chin hit the floor, but that is what I wanted. When I am flying the only thing I need to think about is flying, not bolts, nuts, belts, etc! Having fresh eyes look at our ships gave us insight on our builds and showed why in some cases that any modification needs to be well thought through! Being such a small ship that performs like it does says a lot of the thought about its design.

Much eye opening info from Mike Messix, it goes to show why going to Trenton to assemble your ship is the way to go if you have the time and the $$. But for now, fixing and redoing thanks to a shitty bearing install. Jim Lynch, Colorado Air force (second stringer)