Mosquito Helicopter Forums
Return - Printable Version

+- Mosquito Helicopter Forums (http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Return (/showthread.php?tid=8276)

Return - Flying Farmer - 11-29-2017

Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I have been actively watching what has been going on. In fact, since the site was changed over a couple years back. I have stopped in here a few times but I have to say I have really missed the forum and I can't stay away any longer. Looking forward to reading what's going on and watching videos, and still trying to figure out how to get my wife to agree to my own Mosquito! It's good to be back.

RE: Return - TS Rupcich - 11-29-2017

(11-29-2017, 04:25 AM)Flying Farmer Wrote: Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I have been actively watching what has been going on. In fact, since the site was changed over a couple years back. I have stopped in here a few times but I have to say I have really missed the forum and I can't stay away any longer. Looking forward to reading what's going on and watching videos, and still trying to figure out how to get my wife to agree to my own Mosquito! It's good to be back.

Well, first off:  As a fellow flying farmer, I have determined that:
1.   the mosquito will be a much more effective means for crop checking.  I can quickly do an aerial survey and than land in the field for detailed inspection.  I also intend to hook up a small (ATV type) spray system that will allow me to spot spray a couple of acres.  Particularly on land that is some distance from the main yard.
2.  Cattle round-up, should be quicker.  (or at least a lot more fun)
3. varmint control, while you can't shoot-em, you can track, disrupt, and land close enough to take a shot,
4.  As a valuable farming implement (see above) it should be tax deductible.

Last but not least

5. John is celebrating 15 yrs and 400 mosquitos with $2k price reductions, before the 2018 price increases.  So it'll never be cheaper...... or more practical

just saying.... Angel

Tim R

RE: Return - Flying Farmer - 11-29-2017

(11-29-2017, 04:40 AM)TS Rupcich Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 04:25 AM)Flying Farmer Wrote: Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I have been actively watching what has been going on. In fact, since the site was changed over a couple years back. I have stopped in here a few times but I have to say I have really missed the forum and I can't stay away any longer. Looking forward to reading what's going on and watching videos, and still trying to figure out how to get my wife to agree to my own Mosquito! It's good to be back.

Well, first off:  As a fellow flying farmer, I have determined that:
1.   the mosquito will be a much more effective means for crop checking.  I can quickly do an aerial survey and than land in the field for detailed inspection.  I also intend to hook up a small (ATV type) spray system that will allow me to spot spray a couple of acres.  Particularly on land that is some distance from the main yard.
2.  Cattle round-up, should be quicker.  (or at least a lot more fun)
3. varmint control, while you can't shoot-em, you can track, disrupt, and land close enough to take a shot,
4.  As a valuable farming implement (see above) it should be tax deductible.

Last but not least

5. John is celebrating 15 yrs and 400 mosquitos with $2k price reductions, before the 2018 price increases.  So it'll never be cheaper...... or more practical

just saying.... Angel

Tim R

Tim, all very good arguments.....all of which I have used multiple times with the exception of the $2000 price reduction. I even threw in one of John Snyder's tricks of using it to help pollinate the sweet corn, still to no avail. I'm almost to the point of "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission" Or as my father-in-law used to say when he would do something his wife didn't want him too....Why does she have any more right to say "No" than I do to say "Yes" LOL. I will continue my attempts to wear her resistance down and one day join the ranks of the rest of you proud Mosquito owners. Keep flying!!