Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Owner/Builder
G'day Mosquito community...
Id just like to introduce myself as a new owner and builder of the XET for Western Australia.
I'm a farmer and commercial pilot, but unfortunately I cant do both at the same time. So I bought a Mosquito for the farm.
Look forward to the build as much as flying it. Speak soon.

Jerry
Hi Jerry, welcome! Congrats, I'm Eric and I'm also currently building (xe285).
Jerrry, welcome. I just finished my XE285 in October.
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin  
Welcome Jerry. I'm Scott and am in the last stages of my XET build.

Fly Navy,

Scott Langley
MCSE CEH CISSP

XET #1337 N334HY
Start: NOV 2018
Fly Navy,

Scott Langley
MCSE CEH CISSP

XET #1337 N334HY
(02-12-2019, 03:16 PM)Eblezien Wrote: Hi Jerry, welcome!  Congrats,  I'm Eric and I'm also currently building (xe285).

G'day Eric, Thanks! Im glad to see there are still plenty of these machines being produced.
What stage are you at in the build?

(02-12-2019, 04:13 PM)Dick Campbell Wrote: Jerrry, welcome.  I just finished my XE285 in October.

Thanks mate. How many hours have you put on your machine since october?

(02-13-2019, 11:08 AM)FlyNavy Wrote: Welcome Jerry.  I'm Scott and am in the last stages of my XET build.

Fly Navy,

Scott Langley
MCSE CEH CISSP

XET #1337 N334HY

Gday Scott, Thanks.
You must be working on it full time to be nearly finished, starting in November?
Nice serial # by the way, mine is 1332
Jerry, working 2 days a week. But i'm doing a factory assist (I only live about 90 miles away). It helps a lot to have the experts and the tools right there.

Fly Navy,

Scott Langley
MCSE CEH CISSP

XET #1337 N334HY
Fly Navy,

Scott Langley
MCSE CEH CISSP

XET #1337 N334HY
Scott, have you ever had issues with needing to wait for parts? I'm building an XE285 (MXE1334), no build assist, in my garage...and have been having trouble with really long wait times for kit portions. I received my airframe in September and have been trying to get the next kit portions sent since Thanksgiving! No luck yet. The factory (Norb and Dwight) say their working on it, but that's been the case since before the new year.

Jerry, considering you'll probably be in the same boat as me...I would plan on these long wait times and factor them in where possible. Its unfortunate, but I really feel like the factory gives preference to the people doing the build assist.

Just my .02 cents, sorry if this offends anyone.
they're working on it -for consideration in your dilemma, how about, the difficulties of getting inventory from Canada, finding what the shortages are, then making or updating drawings, finding vendors the associated start up and first article approvals and other issues following John's passing and at the same time trying to keep the lines running at the factory which does includes customer assists
What Mike (marcher07) said. While working on mine at the factory through the summer, there were a lot of transition issues from CAnada, and then of course they lost their tail rotor blade, and main rotor blade suppliers.

To be fair, I had to wait 5 months for my kit to be ready at the factory, but when they said it was ready they had already accumulated just about everything and had it waiting. Of course that was before July.

Hi Jerry, only 14 hours so far. Winter weather and winds have kept me grounded. Tomorrow supposed to be clear and warmer but winds 20-24 kts, a bit out of my zone right now.
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin  
I waited about 5 months to start initially. Then I worked through most of the components but ended up waiting about 1.5 weeks for 3 parts. Just got the call that the parts are in.

I'll second the comments above. I've spent some time talking with Norbert. The logistics transition is taxing. Both in time and level of effort.

And even though we all like the Mosquito (and Dwight and Norbert) we have to remember that this is still a small company. They're isn't a huge warehouse and deep supply chain. I think they've probably had an influx of orders in the past year. Interruption of a near- just- in- time supply chain is bound to cause issues.

Just my 2 cents and perception from being around there a few months.

Fly Navy,

Scott Langley
MCSE CEH CISSP

XET #1337 N334HY
Fly Navy,

Scott Langley
MCSE CEH CISSP

XET #1337 N334HY