Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
technical information
hello from france

the MOSQUITO is it equipe of a RPM for the automatic regulation of the turns rotor
forgiveness for my English

Pascal
Pascal,

The Mosquito is equipped with a throttle correlator as standard equipment that will increase throttle as you increase collective. We also sell an optional governor which will provide full throttle control for normal operations. Governor cost is $800.
Hello all,
I have a question for anybody.

I'm completely new to much of this although I've been more than fascinated by helicopters for most of my life.

I'm years away from a purchase of a Mosquito so I've lots of time to study up.

The question:

The person from France asked about a governor. What I'd like to know about is what part are you governing? Are you governing engine rpms or rotor speed rpms or both. Also when Mosquito answered I'm not really clear about the answer. As you apply more collective the throttle will automatically increase as well? And the $800 dollar governor governs what? I thought that you could apply as much of either (throttle or collective) as you wanted. I'm understand that you have to maintain a certain amount of rpms to remain air worthy and that you don't want to over rev the main rotors. Is the governor or is there a governor that keeps you from over reving the rotors?

I know that's more like eight questions but maybe someone that knows all or a couple of the answers wouldn't mind responding....

Thanks
A Fatman
A Fatman-

I have not flown a mosqutio, and I have only a hand full of hours in helicopters with manual throttle, but I will do my best to answer your question and not go into too much detail. Helicopters are designed to run with the rotor system rotating at constant RPM in all modes of flight. However, just like riding a bicycle at a constant speed up and down a hill is going to require the rider to do more or less work. As you pull up or increase the collective the rotor system is going to require more power (not RPM!) from the engine. A helicopter with out a governor requires a pilot to increase the throttle while increasing collective, and reduce throttle when lowering the collective. The mosquito uses a mechanical linkage to help reduce the amount of throttle adjusting from the pilot. As you increase collective a cable attached to the collective controls is also increasing throttle, however the pilot must still make small fine adjustments to keep the rotor at the constant RPM.

A helicopter equipped with a governor does the engine throttle work for you. Once the engine is up to speed, you the pilot don’t adjust the throttle in flight. The governor is constantly monitoring the rotor rpm, and adjusting the throttle on the engine all on its own with no input from the pilot. This takes some of the work load off the pilot. Oh, one more thing about the governor- it will NOT prevent you from over speeding the main rotor. In a case where you were in an autorotation it is possible to over speed the main rotor system. To prevent this from happening the pilot simply applies a small amount of collective on the way down to load the rotor system and slow it back down. In some cases you will want the rotor to increase past its normal operating RPM to build up enough inertia to use while cushioning the land in case of an engine failure. You will learn more about this when you study autorotations.

You question about applying as much collective or throttle as you want- I don’t know where to start on this one. If you were on the ground and you increased the throttle to maximum, you would over speed the rotor system. If you were in the air, and you increased the collective with out giving the engine more throttle, you would "droop" the rotor or loose your rotor RPM. (this is not good) There comes a point when you have full throttle applied to the helicopter, and you can only pull so much collective before you are going to ask for more work from the rotor then the engine can give it. This is most always going to result in a loss of rotor RPM. This does not change with a governor. At one point of increasing collective the governor is going to have the throttle on the engine open all the way, if you keep pulling collective you will lose RPM. In my case I am reminded with a loud warning horn from the helicopter and a scream from the guy sitting next to me. The reason I say most always is because there are some cases when the conditions are right, a engine can apply more power than the transmission can handle. This is more common on larger more powerful helicopters. I might stand corrected when the specs come out for the new turbine powered mosquito!

I hope this helps and makes some sense. I am not very good at explaining things in writing! Mike-
Smile
Hello of France
Thank you for your first answer.

What are approximately the dimensions of the packaging of the kit for the transport?

The dimensions of the kit n°1?
The dimensions of the complete kit?

I have order the dvd on your site. can y find on the dvd of the detaillées and informations on the kit, the assembly, the reglages of the main rotor?

Greetings
Thanks UH64 I appreciate the reply and it helped quite a bit.

Much appreciated
Fatty
oh brother...........
some one got called UH-64 ................
shame shame .............
no tempers please......... Smile
Doh sorry past time limit to fix.

Sorry UH60driver