Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about building a Mosquito
Thank you Jim ! Remembering all the questions i had when i was newbie here, i was very happy and thanksfull to anyone taking the time to answer me so it is time for me to give some return if i can...
Great answers to the original question there guys.

In regards to the worry about being in new territory if you clock up over 1000hrs, you should consider many of the mosquito parts (blades, clutch, lots of bearings etc) get replaced at a 500 hr interval, and the main mast components at 1000hr so if you clock up that many hours you will be flying with many renewed/overhauled components.

Gary

XE285 in NZ
Thank you Jim.
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

I totally agree. 
All these call the factory or private mail so and so don't yield any useful information for the rest of us and if anything generate some suspicions that there are perhaps hidden gotchas that nobody wants to talk about in public.

Considering that non-owners do not have access to the Operations/Maintenance manual there are many things that we would not know.

Like what are the replacement/overhaul periodic maintenance items, are there procedures for checking when things need replacement, etc

Information is power and in the case of a helicopter, Life!!!

So please return the favor of having a forum available by summarizing what you learned in your covert Wink    discussions.
Ray
This is another site that is not run by the factory. You should get any questions answered here. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/77443478464/
Jim