Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Difficult Part of Building ...

Here is the link to my windshield installation in the build album:

http://www.innovator.mosquito.net.nz/mbb...hotoid=121

Later,

Eddy

tyc - 6/9/2010 1:43 AM

An item which does cause concern at this point is the correct installation of the clear acrylic, "the bubble."

What experience have any of you had in ths regard? What is the best way? Are clear, straight forward instructions for this offered in the construction manual?

tyc

And use screws! The pop rivets will cause cracking.
Rob
Rob Hall - 6/8/2010 3:15 PM

tyc - 6/9/2010 1:43 AM

An item which does cause concern at this point is the correct installation of the clear acrylic, "the bubble."

What experience have any of you had in ths regard? What is the best way? Are clear, straight forward instructions for this offered in the construction manual?

tyc

And use screws! The pop rivets will cause cracking.
Rob

That I understand but thanks for the tip anyway ... It's appreciated.

tyc

GASMAN - 6/8/2010 6:37 AM

The hardest part...
1. sanding ... >Eddy

Tell me about that swash plate installation you also made reference to ... I've seen references to difficulties in that regard elsewhere as well.

tyc

Im with Eddy, the sanding does suck! Also not that the process is hard of installing the rotorhead, but the fact in the beginning u have to take it in and out so many times because your adjustments and clearances are off just ever so slightly is kinda tough because of the fact you want to move to the next step. Right now for me the most difficult part is doing the turbine build up because it is still a relatively new process and things are evolving as we go so there isn't as much documented on that part of the build process as there is with the two strokes. All in all, it has all been worth it and not anything unmanagable.