Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddy Thompson
I am sorry. This kind of news shakes the foundation of a family and a community. I propose a silent toast to Eddy.
Mark, I will let your friends know here at Ft. Rucker. This would be a great time to tell stories that you guys have collected from him. Use of the chatroom may be helpful as well.
Thanks Mark for showing so much control over your lost and taking the time for us.
Like many I had met and talked with Eddy at Oshkosh and Sun & Fun. I also had a printed copy of Eddy’s build in my shop. Initially I was going to cancel but then decided to go out and do a couple of circuits in my mosquito in his honour.

My condolences,
Michel
Thanks RV8TER! That's what I'm talking about and what my dad would have expected.
Julie and I send our most heartfelt condolences to you Mark, and to all your family.
I know you are a family of Faith, so you know you'll be with your father and friend again.
We echo our faith with yours.

I have enjoyed getting to know Eddy this last year or so. We've had so much fun talking helicopters, philosophy, meaning of life etc. on our trips back and forth to Trenton.
I will miss him so much.
As with others, I take comfort knowing that he was living his dream and doing what he loved to do.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your father. I was very fond of him.

Michael Marshall
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

I spent the day going through some of the photos I took of Eddy at the different events.

I smiled and cried today.

Here's something I put together.

Photobucket

George
I wish to offer my condolences to Mark and his family...
Sean
Here is the link to the news article about this tragic event...

http://www.wesh.com/news/24139902/det...
To the family of Eddy Thompson , Please accept my deepest condolences on your loss. I wish I could've got to know him better but in the short time
that I have known him, I thought he was a great guy - always willing to lend a helping hand. John Jarc Spruce Creek Fly-In MXE1121
My thoughts and prayers go out to Mark and all the Thompson family on the passing of Eddy. I too only knew him a short time but found that Eddy was the type of person the world needs more of. He will be greatly missed.

Michael Marshall
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014