Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddy Thompson
Aw Hell!! Eddy was a wonderful volunteer addition to the Experimental Helo magazine staff. He produced good write-ups and photos for events where ever he went. He was a kick in the butt to talk to with his obvious enthusiasm for helicopters and just about any other subject you wanted to bring up. We had finished talking about his Red Bull helicopter ride and his article for the magazine and told him his press credentials at Oshkosh were ready. We were looking forward to having a blast with Eddy jointly covering Oshkosh and "Solving the World's Problems" over a cold one. We are dang sure going to miss him...

Stu & Kathy Fields
I just don't have the words to describe how I feel. All I can say is that I'll deeply miss my good friend "Eddy". Mark, my brother, like I told you on the phone yesterday, if there is anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to ask. All my love and condolences' to you and your family and may God ease your pain in short order.
George (Rotor-1) , your pictorial montage was very nicely done. I especially love the photo of Eddy and Mark together.
I also thought this summed it up so well: "The sparkle and wit of this inspirational man will be missed by all who were fortunate enough to experience it."
by ROTOR F/X

Rob2
On behalf of my family and myself I want to thank all of you for your kind and soothing words. The photo montage is great and I think I will try to have it printed in some way and use it at the memorial. I just arribed in Florida tonight and will be making updating on this thread as I find more details. Thank you all for your love and support.
Mark,

I know I've never met you but if there is anything you need do not hesitate to ask. I as well as the Mosquito family will do whatever we can.

I was really looking forward to meeting your Dad. I guess that meeting will take place on the other side.

Hang in there Brother. You have memories others could only wish for!!!

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Hey Blair, I'm not sure how you can do it, but I think it would be nice to give Eddy a continuous "ONLINE" status here on the forum.....I think he'll always be monitoring it and getting a big kick out of our posts. Smile
Good idea Mark! That would be a nice touch.
Great idea Mark!
Eddy,

thank you for all your wisdom, humor and friendship you have shared with me. You will be greatly missed!!!

My deepest condolences to the entire Thompson family.

Falk
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Unfortunatly I did not have the honor of meeting Eddy face to face. I did speak to him a couple of times on here. He was always very helpful.