Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settling with Power
++ I agree too!
Pilot just wrote an overdrawn check in the POWER AVAILABLE BANK!
So glad no one was hurt. I guess KUDZU makes a good cushion.
That is the least violent crash I have ever seen. Not really even a crash.
Josh, next time you post a video like that you need to make sure it is edited. There is some use of bad words on the last half of that video and there are nice guys on here like Mike (Fly Guy) who shouldn't have to listen to that. I'm joking of course. Smile
If I was the guy in there u would have also heard me $%!# my pants so all in all it wasn't that bad, LOL!
I always learn something on this site. Thanks guys for all your comments. This has been quite the learning thread for me. I wasn't even aware of the Rotorcraft flying handbook until Doug had mentioned it. What a vast mountain of knowledge along with everyones opinions and comments. This is what this website is all about. The experienced teaching the newbies. The more we learn, the safer we can be. Wink
You guys are the blackhawk pilots...I'm not even rated Smile Sorry about the curse word on the end of the video...that one nevr crossedmy mind.
I'd guess the NTSB report can't really say the aircraft impacted terrain but rather - the aircraft came to a stop when it impacted Kudzu.
Josh, Lighten up man, I was only joking about the cussing at the end of the video. I think I would be doing some of it if I crashed. Thanks for posting the video. Great learning points were made with it.
Hey all, I just found this video online of me doing a power recovery auto in the Mad Mosquito at the 2009 Factory Flyin. I don't even know who took this video but it gives a very good perspective of the recovery profile since it is taken from a good distance. I feel this is applicable since early in this thread Gary was talking about quick stops. I think this will give Gary and anyone else a good idea of how the end of the auto looks like a deep quick stop if a power recovery is made. The first 30 seconds of the video is of John Snider hovering his XE and at 30 seconds you will see me descending into view from a 180 approach to final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Cux8...
Good stuff Mark!
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014