Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Level
It could be that I had a bad sender. I was just frustrated, I sent back the old one, they said it was ok so if they sent it back to me I'd be right back where I was.

What I have works fine, I just would like to know if it was just a bad sender, or user error on my part. If others get them to work then I may try one again some day.
You may have had a bad sender, but it seems that they didn't approach the situation correctly.

Nothing has been set in stone about which sender is going to be used, but the interfacing is pretty important.....for now....I think we are going to go with the Centroid.....maybe it won't bite me. I have had other things that did though.

I've been following this post, and Lorne I like your approach to things. I'm interested in something, still waiting to see what you guys come up with. This "Centriod" unit, will it work with some guage by itself? I don't have the
Enigma to attach it to.
Rob2
No-One has referred to it. In the stock, as Mr. Uptigrove designed it, how is the pilot made aware of fuel level?
bryancobb - 5/26/2011 4:32 AM

No-One has referred to it. In the stock, as Mr. Uptigrove designed it, how is the pilot made aware of fuel level?

Sight tube. But I'm not aiming at the way Mr. Uptigrove designed it. I have been spending money developing a new instrument system for about 5 years. There have been some major set backs, and a few times I stopped for reasons not important to the discussion.

I'm currently on revision D (or 4), and trying to figure out the items which need to be addressed before proceeding.

The sight tube is always going to be the most accurate and reliable indicator you could ever think of. are you unable to turn your head for a quick glance at the tube or just trying to overly complicate things? by the way I also feel that using anything but a regular old fashion analog type combination rotor/engine tach is downright dangerous and the same display showing other info shouldn't be the same device to display rotor/engine rpm.
vortexring - 5/26/2011 1:05 PM

The sight tube is always going to be the most accurate and reliable indicator you could ever think of. are you unable to turn your head for a quick glance at the tube or just trying to overly complicate things?

When flying the Mini, and later, our Tierra II, turning around was a problem. I stuck a suction cup auto mirror on the inside of the bubble, at knee level, and now, not only could I see the fuel sight tube, but I could see the Tail Rotor clearly!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Man I just don't like your cocky attitude vortexring. A lot of your "opinions" always have to contain that little stab in them, and it's not necessary. You don't even have a Mosquito that I'm aware of, but you sure enjoy giving hell to those of us trying to have fun and improve ours. Yes, a sight tube is a great way to tell fuel level, the the second part of the sentence didn't need to be put in there( "Or are you trying to overly complicate things?").
Please show a little respect for those of us trying to improve our ships. Ugly comments don't do any of us any good.
Rob2
vortexring - 5/26/2011 10:05 AM

The sight tube is always going to be the most accurate and reliable indicator you could ever think of. are you unable to turn your head for a quick glance at the tube or just trying to overly complicate things? by the way I also feel that using anything but a regular old fashion analog type combination rotor/engine tach is downright dangerous and the same display showing other info shouldn't be the same device to display rotor/engine rpm.

Really......

Funny, you need to advise all aircraft manufacturers of your opinion. Most all have gone to EFIS systems, which contain all or most all instruments plus.

Do you know the actual difference between an old analog tach and a new digital one?

So the aircraft needs two power sources as well. All instruments require power.

You state these opinions, but do not give reasons why.

Flying any aircraft can be dangerous......depends on your steps taken to prevent it from being so.

I do not have any intentions of any owner doing away with their sight gauge. It is a very nice back up should they want to look around and check. But your head "inside" the aircraft is a bad thing. You need to be focused "outside".

There are many improvements you must not be aware of, that the "old fashion" items will not do.
Sight gage