Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BALLISTIC PARACHUTE?
Great,

Thank you so much for your answer.

Junk
Smile reading and watching videos only gives you some academic information. Go for a few lessons in autorotations in a R22 helicopter, cheapest way. Only than will you undestand what an autorotation is. If you get a Mosquito some day, and have proper instructions to fly helicopters safe, you will notice the great amount of inertia the mosquito blades have. when I am on a landing approach at 45 mph, i have to reduce throttle to almost idle and must be careful not to overspeed the rotor. about 100 foot of the ground when start slowing down, I start adding power. if you train in a R22 you will notice that those blades do not have much of an inertia on authorotation but good training will keep you out of trouble in the R22. john did an excellent job of engineering regarding the mosquito's authorotation capability. I say again you need hands on sit of the pants training/experience to trully understand authorotations. in my opinion a parachute is for a catastrophic failure like an airplane wing coming off. engine failure is not a catastrophic failure. You need altitude and two seconds is a long time if you realy think about it. there are too many variables and problems associated with a helicopter regarding a parachute. Train/experience/paractice authorotation in a helicopter and fly over safe areas incase you need to authorotate/glide the helicopter. The mosquito glides or authorotates same thing great; at least my air mosquito does.
Oh great, thanks.

So the mosquito is very stable? Or similar in control to an r22?

(and "if you get a mosquito" is wrong, it should be when. I'm dead set)

this is a intrinsic fear that be treated before solo. if will keep this kind of fear, there is a risk of panic appears.
after 500 autos with a instrutor beside normally the fear disapear.
when i was getting my fixed wing training sometimes i thought " how i will land this airplane"
times after in a landing too hight, i ve put nose down, 40 flaps, almost "picada" and near the lane round and put the cessna 172 soft.
problems accours more frequently in ground than in the air. just look around you in real life, read the newspaper that you will agree whit me.
see you in trenton
eduardo
Smile YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS DOING AN AUTHOROTATION WHEN NECESSARY IN THE MOSQUITO IF YOU LEARN HOW TO DO AUTHOROTATIONS IN A R22 HELICOPTER WITH AN INSTRUCTOR. THE R22 IS GOING TO COME DOWN AT 1500 TO 2000 FEET PER MINUTE BETWEEN 60 TO 70 KNOTS AND THE TIMING MUST BE EXACT FOR THE FLARE/POWER RECOVERY OR TOUCH DOWN. FOR TOUCH DOWNS YOU USUALLY HAVE TO SCHEDULE A LESSON WITH THE CHIEF INSTRUCTOR FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES.
THE MOSQUITO WITH ME AT 180 POUNDS HAS EXCELLENT BLADE INIRTIA UNLIKE THE R22 AND IS MUCH BETTER DOING AUTHOROTATIONS.
AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR AT MINIMUM ONE SHOULD SCHEDULE A LESSON IN AUTHOROTATIONS IN THE R22 TO STAY SHARP UNLESS YOU ARE AN INSTRUCTOR TEACHING OR YOU ARE DOING AUHTOROTATIONS AS PRACTICE OFTEN IN THE MOSQUITO. JUST REMEBER COLLECTIVE DOWN FIRST, NO HAZITATION ESPECIALLY IN THE R22 SINCE YOU ONLY HAVE LESS THAN 2 SECONDS TO REACT IN THE EVENT OF ENGINE FAILURE ESPECIALLY IN THE R22. UNLIKE AN AIRPLANE THERE IS NO STALL RECOVERY IN THE R22 IF THE BLADES DO STALL. IF YOU LEARN IN THE R22 YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS FLYING ANY HELICOPTER.
Thank you very much

I will look at getting auto rotation lessons with my flight training
Still a few obstacles to over come before then however.

Thank you again