Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwight Hard Landing Incident
Dwight, I hope you heal well and are back in the green soon.
Dwight I was sad to hear of your accident. I pray for your swift recovery. Take the time you need to heal. The helicopter business will still be their when you get well. I know how it is when you are running a business and things go wrong. You want to be their to run things, and oversee the operation. But sometimes you just can't. That's when you have to count on your friends & the people you have working for you. So hang in their and concentrate on getting well.
Not really sure what shape it is in. Waiting to talk to Dwight about it. I'm sure his phone is ringing off the hook with well wishers!

I sure could taste it though. Funny thing was I had emailed him around Friday about what things to bring down with me. I asked him if I could get a completed picture because I was going threw helicopter withdrawal. lol

You know you can't sweat the little things in life.
I know about the withdrawal Matt, come on out to west Texas, you can fly my XE3 all you want. You know Dwight will make sure your ship is even better than it was, hang in there, it's worth the wait.
Skeeter
Dwight,
Here's to a speedy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are also with you. Just don't push the excersion thing. If the doc says stay down for awhile.....Stay down for awhile. You'll do more damage. Like Skeeter, I'm speaking from experience. Don't push it my friend. I know it's hard to stay down but you don't want to make it worse. There are tons of us out there who are willing to come over and pitch in if need be. Please call us for anything! Wink
Gary
Good news Dwights getting discharged and heading home today. Robin indicated he's getting a new phone as the old one got busted and he's got a ton of voice mails to sort through -
Mike
Glad to hear it.  Thanks for the update, Mike.
Glad you are going home Dwight. Maybe the hurt will go away real soon. Hope so.

Now that we all know Dwight is 18-8, and this thread is 35+ posts of maturity, would I be a
dirt-bag if I asked ...What caused the hard landing?
bryancobb, yes, you would be considered a dirtbag but I will try and answer the best I can for you anyway. The hard landing was due to a higher than normal descent rate. There ya go. As to what went wrong with the helicopter, we need to all be patient and wait for John Uptigrove or Dwight to publish thier findings.
UH-60Pilot - 5/26/2011 12:54 PM

bryancobb, yes, you would be considered a dirtbag but I will try and answer the best I can for you anyway. The hard landing was due to a higher than normal descent rate. There ya go. As to what went wrong with the helicopter, we need to all be patient and wait for John Uptigrove or Dwight to publish thier findings.

Cheers to you Mark