Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Heli has been done
Yea I'm going to try to fly my helicopter across the field dragging a cart of batteries and then when it catches on an obstical the cord either breaks or holds the machine back. either way you come crashing to the ground. Great . Training? There is only so much you can do in training at a ige hover and it's not very good training really if you are trying this alone anyway and not being a somewhat experienced stick wiggling monkey already u r asking for a pile of busted fiberglass and aluminum at the least
I thought that would bring someone out of his/her hole Wink
You know, Tesla was working on a way to transmit electricity wirelessly.  Whoever develops that technology will be the new "Einstein".  

Wireless energy.  Laser powered helicopter.

http://nextbigfuture.com/2010/09/lasermo...wered.html
Bats. Not a fan right now. I understand that they may be the future however right now I don't believe they make much sense.
We should be focused on the replacement of 100LL has the mosquito team looked into testing the new Bio fuel for aircraft? I would be very interested to see that.

http://www.airportbusiness.com/web/on...
one smart idea that he is doing that i had years ago, and this guy already said he has a patent on the idea, is to have an equivilent horse power dc motor backup for helicopter. what this means is, for example, the mosqiuto would have a 64 hp brushed dc motor fitted directly after the engine clutch, and as we all know batterys dont last lost, however to current date and technology, just for the mosquito, a small 1 to 1 and a half minute battery backup is doable.... so, im very happy this is coming in the future. and as for weight, i wiegh 115 lbs. so my mosquito would have plenty of extra payload for this system.
[attachment=2488 Wrote:[attachment=2488][attachment=2488][attachment=2488]  4johnybravo pid='17025' dateline='1319288640']one smart idea that he is doing that i had years ago, and this guy already said he has a patent on the idea, is to have an equivilent horse power dc motor backup for helicopter. what this means is, for example, the mosqiuto would have a 64 hp brushed dc motor fitted directly after the engine clutch, and as we all know batterys dont last lost, however to current date and technology, just for the mosquito, a small 1  to 1 and a half minute battery backup is doable.... so, im very happy this is coming in the future. and as for weight, i wiegh 115 lbs. so my mosquito would have plenty of extra payload for this system.

The European Dealer already did that type of electric rescue engine... Here is the picture (hopes the attachment pict will be visible)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybe these guys can get together with Tesla.  If I understand it correctly. Tesla has built the largest Lithium Ion battery factory in the world producing more batteries than all the rest combined.  Then there's their motor interface technology. Their newest battery gives the D100 about a 315 mile range on a charge. Charging at home takes about an hour and a half.  I dunno, maybe its just too much to ask of electrical propulsion system for lift.
"Pilots - Looking down on people since 1903"
(on a shirt my daughter gave me - author unknown)
Van's Aircraft RV-9 (dragon tail) Flying Phase 1
Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD8TfjDMYT0
Richard, NZL  /// C? Test Dummy \\\  "I used to be a hang-glider pilot. Yeah, I remember that... day!"