Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China
bryancobb - 12/14/2011 3:41 AM

I'm very SORRY I started this mess! Sad

You didn't start the mess, just the thread.

James
James, he's just a messenger, no point beating him up. This forum is not to be used for dissemination of knowledge, not bashing, so please keep it that way folks.

However, it does amaze me that people can stoop so low as to copy someone else's work and then go out and show the world that that's exactly what they've done. How can someone take any pride in their work when they stole someone else's idea, even more so when everyone knows? Its disgusting.

We're of course looking into avenues of international law to deal with people like this and will take action as required.
mosquito - 12/14/2011 8:53 AM

James, he's just a messenger, no point beating him up. This forum is not to be used for dissemination of knowledge, not bashing, so please keep it that way folks.

However, it does amaze me that people can stoop so low as to copy someone else's work and then go out and show the world that that's exactly what they've done. How can someone take any pride in their work when they stole someone else's idea, even more so when everyone knows? Its disgusting.

We're of course looking into avenues of international law to deal with people like this and will take action as required.

It’s called reverse engineering, legal in all parts of the world, including the USA. One of the plastic bags has the US company logo on. But.. where do you think he gets the genuine mechanical parts..?
Carlos
Its obviously you don't know to whom you're responding, the organizational structure or where the parts are fabricated, I can assure you they don't come from China.
Mike
mosquito - 12/14/2011 8:53 AM

Sorry John.....

I'm done.

I just hate incorrect information.

J
In the engineering world "reverse engineering" is always said with a smirk since every knows its just a sweetened term for copying someone else's work, which is all it is, as is the case here.
I'm glad mine is coming from Innovator!!!
I'm probably the least qualified person to speak here, but here it goes anyway...

First, can I just say how sick to my stomach this makes me feel? Not just the fact that the Mosquito has been copied, but the fact that the Chinese government actually ENCOURAGES this kind of behavior.

And what's worse is, even I, who have never seen a Mosquito in person, can clearly see the differences between the "clone" (and I use the term loosely), and the real thing. And having had the knowledge almost forceably beaten into my head that anything that is on a Mosquito is on there for a reason, makes me wonder just how long these clones will actually last...
No question that the quality will be inferior! I am also involved with motorbikes, and the crap that comes from China has to be seen to be believed.

Tools: I once was clumsy enough to break off a tap in the belly of a JetRanger that I was working on.
No problems! I just drilled down the centre of the tap, and used an Easyout....
What kind of metal quality applies to a tool made so soft?

The problem now, will be to draw a distinction between the real thing and the travesty.

Rob1.
Rob Hall - 12/14/2011 3:08 PM

No question that the quality will be inferior! I am also involved with motorbikes, and the crap that comes from China has to be seen to be believed.

Tools: I once was clumsy enough to break off a tap in the belly of a JetRanger that I was working on.
No problems! I just drilled down the centre of the tap, and used an Easyout....
What kind of metal quality applies to a tool made so soft?

The problem now, will be to draw a distinction between the real thing and the travesty.

Rob1.

Just by looking at a tap one should know the quality and if you can’t feel the cutting motions of a cheap tap, anyone entrusting you with the repairs of an aircraft has to have rocks in the head. Don’t blame the Chimes for bad products; blame the importer buying crap in China to undercut the opposition. Only a inept wound be not able to distinguish a copy of the real thing.