Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China
I'm sure you guys know about this but it's the first I have heard of this. What's going on???
http://static.youku.com/v1.0.0199/v/s...
What do you mean? It looks like a mosquito flying in China. Not the first one either.
Guess I could be more specific. This video was from a thread on the Rotary Wing Forum called
CHINESE MASS PRODUCED MOSQUITO HELICOPTERS.

The poster, named Albert Briceno, is saying Mosquitoes are already being cloned and mass produced in China. Any truth to it?

http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/show...
Now I see what you are talking about. Looks like good ole Chinese reverse engineering in action. I am sure John and Dwight are aware of this and are taking the appropriate action. After seeing this, I would make sure ALL my parts come directly from either John or Dwight, no third party. Kind of SCARY!

Very interesting!
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Looks like the duplicated the vertical fin and mounted it horizontally under the tail boom.... I wonder how well that works.

The guy bumped the tail rotor guard on the ground when he was hot dogging it. They could have easily had a movie of the first Chinese wreck.
Sadly, there is little John or Dwight can do about this and the Chinese know that. What will have to occur here is that John will have to have each individual part serial numbered for accountability. This will differentiate them from the Chinese parts. I'll be though they parts will be 100% interchangeable.

The only possible recourse is if they attempt to sell the products in the US.

For those into RC helicopters, the Align series was completely copied and the parts are 100% interchangeable. They look just as good. Don't really know if there are any quality differences.
bryancobb - 11/27/2011 7:28 AM

Guess I could be more specific. This video was from a thread on the Rotary Wing Forum called
CHINESE MASS PRODUCED MOSQUITO HELICOPTERS.

The poster, named Albert Briceno, is saying Mosquitoes are already being cloned and mass produced in China. Any truth to it?

http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/show...

I very seriously doubt this. The Chinese have horrific quality, so the engine wouldn't compare to the MZ202. I think that is an actual Mosquito aircraft.

The easy way to confirm this would be to contact Leon at CRE. If he isn't selling them engines, their helo is already dead. There are not any engines I have read about which can take the abuse the MZ202 can. It is the reason the Mosquito isn't flying with a 4 stroke.

I wouldn't put a Chinese aircraft under my butt, I don't trust their QC.

We must remember quantity doesn't trump quality when referring to aircraft.

J
There were mosquito's sold in China. Now if someone there has copied a real mosquito I don't know and will not speculate in that direction because I don't have all the facts. The chinese government is good at copying designs as were the russian's during the cold war. But this looks like a real deal mosquito to me that has mabey been modified. The horizontial stab to me doesn't look stock like they make in Trenton Florida.
rsm - 11/28/2011 1:57 PM

There were mosquito's sold in China. Now if someone there has copied a real mosquito I don't know and will not speculate in that direction because I don't have all the facts. The chinese government is good at copying designs as were the russian's during the cold war. But this looks like a real deal mosquito to me that has mabey been modified. The horizontial stab to me doesn't look stock like they make in Trenton Florida.

I looked at the pictures from the other forum. I already see a problem. In a few pictures you can see the seam to the tail boom (attachment point). Proof enough they can't even copy something correctly. The craft is going to be unsafe.

If someone wants to buy one, go ahead. Just expect no support, and possibly an unsafe aircraft.

J