Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humpback Rotor Blades increase performance!!

Called "Leading-Edge Vortex Generators - LEVoGs" , six-millimeter-wide rubber bumps are stuck under the leading edges of your rotor blades to increase performance.

They are designed to give the retreating blade more lift, therefore improve top speed and maneuverability.

Could this be as simple as it sounds? I'm off to the hardware store to get some rubber door stops...

http://www.gizmag.com/humpback-whales-ro...des/21332/

Richard, NZL  /// C? Test Dummy \\\  "I used to be a hang-glider pilot. Yeah, I remember that... day!"
It seems like a simple thing to try. So many developments have been mimics of nature. I'm curious. Are you really gong to try this? How will you know if it improved? Manuverability is kind of as seat-of-your-pants thing. From my experience, I swear my car runs better right after I wash it. I'm sure it just "feels" better driving it when it looks better. How will you know for sure that it has an effect or not?

Tom

Naaah, was just joking about that... i'm still building, my blades are not here yet.

Goes without saying, I wouldn't install anything without first checking with John (Mosquito designer), even thou i'm sure these little rubber bumps (small as a finger nail) wouldn't hurt on a test flight...

I will wait until they have the test results from the installed equiptment mentioned. They will also probably fine tune what size/shape works best over time. May not make any difference to a smaller heli, but would be nice to know one day...

Richard, NZL  /// C? Test Dummy \\\  "I used to be a hang-glider pilot. Yeah, I remember that... day!"