Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for the first hovering
after 10 years of inactivity, today I started to fly the 269 C. The flight lasted 30 minutes and I did everything I practically without the intervention of the instructor.
maintained in hovering without particular problems, executed 5 circuits without any problem . The C 269 is really easy and stable , my hope is that even the mosquito XE is very similar .

I finished the installation of mosquito and adjusted the rotor blades as described in the manual and tests that I made anchoring the helicopter on the ground, I did not notice any particular problems if you do not , some vibration that I think are acceptable . is therefore my intention to make the first hoverign without making the electronic balancing of the rotor.
I'd love to have some practical advice on how to deal with the first hovering and what should I expect from the helicopter just raise the collective and if it is still manageable if the rotor is not perfectly balanced .
I know that is hard to describe the behavior of the helicopter , but any information will help me .

thanks

-----------

dopo 10 anni di inattività, oggi ho ripreso a volare con il 269 C. il volo è durato 30 minuti e praticamente ho fatto tutto io senza l'intervento dell'istruttore.
mantenuto in hovering senza particolari problemi ed eseguito 5 circuiti senza nessun problema. il 269 C è veramente facile e stabile, la mia speranza è che anche il mosquito XE sia molto simile.

ho terminato il montaggio del mosquito e regolato le pale del rotore come descritto sul manuale e dalle prove che ho effettuato ancorando l'elicottero a terra, non ho avvertito particolari problemi se non, qualche vibrazione che credo siano accettabili. è quindi mia intenzione effettuare il primo hoverign senza effettuare il bilanciamento elettronico del rotore.
mi farebbe piacere avere qualche consiglio pratico, su come affrontare il primo hovering e che cosa mi devo aspettare dall'elicottero appena sollevo il collettivo e se è comunque gestibile se il rotore non è perfettamente bilanciato.
sò che è difficile descrivere il comportamento dell'elicottero, ma ogni informazione mi sarà utile.

grazie
The best advice I could give, you already did. You went and had some refresher training time.

It had been 6 month since my last dual training when I tried to fly my Mosquito for the first time, it wasn't pretty.

Congratulations and good luck!
Salut Maurizio,

Tu devrais faire un ou deux vol sur un KOMPRESS CH 7 avec un bon instructeur, cela te donnera une bonne sensation de ce que représente un machine légère.

Le plus important est de ne pas forcer et de bien sentir la machine (nos instructeurs disent peser la, machine)
tu sens comment elle cherche à bouger, si le nez part trop à droite ou à gauche, en avant ou en arrière et cela te permet de comprendre ce que tu dois rectifier aux pieds et au cyclique mais il faut impérativement prendre ton temps et maitriser ton stress.

Il est préférable de ne pas avoir de spectateurs (qui pourraient te distraire et accaparer ton attention) juste éventuellement une personne pour filmer ce qui te permettra d'analyser par la suite et aussi d'immortaliser ce moment unique et tellement merveilleux

Ceci n'est bien sur que ma démarche personnelle, et en aucun cas un mode opératoire certifié Wink

Bravo pour ta très belle réalisation et M...., pour ton premier vol, comme on dit en France.

Hi Maurizio ,

You should do one or two on a flight KOMPRESS CH 7 with a good instructor , it will give you a good feel of what is a lightweight machine .

The most important thing is not to force and feeling for the vehicle ( our instructors say weigh machine )
you feel how she tries to move, if the nose too right hand or left, forward or backward and it allows you to understand what you have to correct the foot and cycle but it is essential to take your time and master your stress.

It is better to have no spectators (which could distract you and grab your attention) just possibly someone to film what will allow you to analyze later and also to capture this unique moment , so wonderful

This is of course my personal approach, and in any case a certified procedure Wink

Congratulations on your wonderful achievement and M. ... for your first flight, as they say in France .
Jean-Rémy (XE 1077 - Sud Bretagne - France)
thanks jean,
I had already thought about what you said, I'll just find a friend who films me while I go in the air and I do not want nobody else, just to avoid distractions.

I saw that some people use the straps on the landing skids, I think to avoid breaking the steel cables in the event of a heavy landing. is advisable to start this way?
Furthermore, if the vibrations of the main rotor were excessive, the helicopter is still manageable in flight?

JRL - 11/13/2013 9:26 AM

Salut Maurizio,

Tu devrais faire un ou deux vol sur un KOMPRESS CH 7 avec un bon instructeur, cela te donnera une bonne sensation de ce que représente un machine légère.

Le plus important est de ne pas forcer et de bien sentir la machine (nos instructeurs disent peser la, machine)
tu sens comment elle cherche à bouger, si le nez part trop à droite ou à gauche, en avant ou en arrière et cela te permet de comprendre ce que tu dois rectifier aux pieds et au cyclique mais il faut impérativement prendre ton temps et maitriser ton stress.

Il est préférable de ne pas avoir de spectateurs (qui pourraient te distraire et accaparer ton attention) juste éventuellement une personne pour filmer ce qui te permettra d'analyser par la suite et aussi d'immortaliser ce moment unique et tellement merveilleux

Ceci n'est bien sur que ma démarche personnelle, et en aucun cas un mode opératoire certifié

Bravo pour ta très belle réalisation et M...., pour ton premier vol, comme on dit en France.

Hi Maurizio ,

You should do one or two on a flight KOMPRESS CH 7 with a good instructor , it will give you a good feel of what is a lightweight machine .

The most important thing is not to force and feeling for the vehicle ( our instructors say weigh machine )
you feel how she tries to move, if the nose too right hand or left, forward or backward and it allows you to understand what you have to correct the foot and cycle but it is essential to take your time and master your stress.

It is better to have no spectators (which could distract you and grab your attention) just possibly someone to film what will allow you to analyze later and also to capture this unique moment , so wonderful

This is of course my personal approach, and in any case a certified procedure

Congratulations on your wonderful achievement and M. ... for your first flight, as they say in France .
lorne,
I'm sorry but I did not understand. after your last training flight you have not had any problems on your mosquito?
How many hours did you do on the 269C before moving to the mosquito?

ldiebel - 11/13/2013 1:49 AM

The best advice I could give, you already did. You went and had some refresher training time.

It had been 6 month since my last dual training when I tried to fly my Mosquito for the first time, it wasn't pretty.

Congratulations and good luck!
I was just saying that I think you're smart for getting some dual training just before you fly your Mosquito.

I didn't and I was pretty rusty. I had a hard landing and broke one of the skid cables.
Maurizio,

C'est la vidéo de mon premier vol, comme tu peux le constater j'y vais doucement et je me suis restreint à de vols stationnaires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIlxb...

Ensuite quand tu te sens capable (toi et la machine) d'aller plus loin dans les essais, il te faut alors débuter la phase de réglage comme expliqué dans le manuel, en exécutant des petits vols pour s'assurer de réduire les vibrations au maximum, Section-A 16-2, 16-3, 16-4.

Il faut prendre le temps et surtout ne pas se précipiter car, le confort, le plaisir et la sécurité dépendent en grande partie de la précision de ces réglages.

Maurizio,

This is the video of my first flight, as you can see I go slowly and I restricted myself to stationary flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIlxb...

Then when you feel able (you and the machine) to go further in testing, you must then begin the adjustment phase as explained in the manual, performing short flights to ensure that minimize the vibrations, Section-A 16-2, 16-3, 16-4.

Take the time and do not rush for the comfort, pleasure and safety depend largely on the accuracy of these settings
Jean-Rémy (XE 1077 - Sud Bretagne - France)