Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trailer
I was wondering what type of trailer to get or make for my Mosiquito after I get it built.
For my Air, I modified a jetski trailer and then for my XE I simply purchased an Alumibuilt aluminum trailer model 8114 which works well for me.
I was thinking on reworking a Jon Boat trailer, with the long nose on it I was thinking it would fit better.
I had also thought of building my own trailer.
But thanks for the answer on that one trailer with model number.

Here is my trailer.  It is made from a boat trailer.  The deck is 7 x 15.

http://www.innovator.mosquito.net.nz/mbb...toid=13272

The only straps being used are on the skids to the floor. The aluminum tubes slide out of the rear mount that supports the rotor and tail and then the mount is laid onto the floor. I have a winch with a wireless remote so I can winch it up the ramp. The front mount is attached to the roof with hinges so it swings up over the rotor. The fuel cans sit in the side door well.
I can load or unload my Mosquito in 5 minutes or less and it is much more secure than straps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have the same trailer, but I can't get my TR vertical like you. I wonder...Maybe I just need to spin it a few more times?
That's correct, you spin the main rotor by hand until the TR is vertical. Sometimes you get it on one revolution and others times it may take 5 or 6 times. I will the trailer was 2 feet longer so that I didn't have to do that but it isn't all that big of a deal to do. Just don't forget to do it before you load the machine in the trailer...
I just landed a few minutes ago and spun it around to get it vertical...thanks.
(07-06-2014, 04:02 PM)JLS Wrote: For my Air, I modified a jetski trailer and then for my XE I simply purchased an Alumibuilt aluminum trailer model 8114 which works well for me.

I know this is old but do you have pics of your trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk