Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easing into it!
Happy for you Michael, well done!

We've been waiting for years for you to do this (almost as long as you). Tell your wife we requested a closup of the big grin that I'm sure is on your face. Smile A well deserved good job!
Guys,

Thanks for all of the support. I am taking it very slow and steady. I have had an hour of instruction since I have got the bird back here and will get a few more hours after the first of the year. The new job has been taking a lot of my time, still I am keeping my head focused on the heli every chance I get. I do check the anti-freeze often and I am making small modifications to the 285 as far as the engine map, location of the head set plugs, and I had to replace a solenoid and voltage regulator. I am coming up on 8 hours and am making sure I stay on top of maintenance issues, although the engine service times are uncharted ground.

The weather here has been nuts. The wind is blowing 30-40 mph gusting to 50 today so there won't be much flying this week. I am about ready to push through ETL and work on quick stops when the weather breaks. Doing lots of pedal turns, sideways flight, nose in hovering around a point, and plenty of lift offs and landings. I have only been about 15 feet up but that is still a thrill!

Again I would like to thank all of you in the Mosquito Nation for the support you have given me and I have been feeding off your enthusiasm. I wish you all Mele Kalikimaka e' Hau'oli Makhiki Hou (Hawaiian for Merry Christmas and Happy New Year)!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Fantastic my friend...Ricci