Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Futzing around
Been getting to know "Myrtle" a lot better. Like all of you have said, "take baby steps." I have been heeding your advice.

https://youtu.be/6ZT6KH_SKsQ
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Great video.
great credits, movie and editing -- a sigh! the co-star only wants to be alone with you, and have a place to go, - how cool is that
Another video to post. It's coming along. Only spooked one of the horses (only had him a month). He never saw me fly.

Michael

XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)

Michael
Great video it looks like you took the next big step. congrats

chuck
(08-22-2016, 04:07 AM)FlyGuy Wrote: Another video to post. It's coming along. Only spooked one of the horses (only had him a month). He never saw me fly.

Michael

I was watching your video and wondered about the tell-tale you have on the windscreen.

Not being familiar with helicopter flight, but coming from the Glider world where tell-tales are common on the windscreen, I was wondering if well coordinated flight in the Mosquito would be with the tell-tale straight back?

Not sure how rotor wash effect the tell-tale etc so I'm curious where the tell-tale should be ideally?

If I was in a glider I would think that either I'm leaning on the left rudder pedal too much or I am in a right side slip.
I'm thinking the correction might be some right rudder and/or some left cyclic?

I found myself wanting to press on the right rudder pedal while watching the video Tongue
Ray
JB,

I understand your thinking. I was trying to find a good location for the streamer. Over time I shortened it a few inches and put it lower on the windscreen. Also it would help if I was going a little faster. There was an earlier thread where we were discussing the location of the streamer ( https://youtu.be/JjK7uYWnAbE ). Rotor wash does effect it so I was working on it by trial and error. 

Thanks for your response.

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)