Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mosquito Heli Map
Update to mine: XE285 not XE (202)
#1128 : 1/2 a built one in tussock Creek, Southland, New Zealand 9781.
Richard, NZL  /// C? Test Dummy \\\  "I used to be a hang-glider pilot. Yeah, I remember that... day!"
I added the Mosquito's in the Canadian FAA Register to the Mosquito Map. Just 5 more.  Mosquito Heli Locations Map

All those Ultralight versions are hidden from view unless the folks come forward and give a Model, Province/state, Country, zip code.

I was hoping that "The Company" could give that basic non specific info so we could map and see where those hundreds of XEL and abroad heli's reside as well.
I know its a struggle with privacy but names not needed and only the zip code for a location point.  Not like folks would be showing up on your front step or anything with questions on a Sunday morning. ;-)
I figure that the more that are seen to be around and popular, the more confidence folks will have in buying (Good Marketing) their own and forming up local chapters to do fun stuff together with birds of a feather.
(07-22-2015, 02:12 PM)jb92563 Wrote: I added the Mosquito's in the Canadian FAA Register to the Mosquito Map. Just 5 more.  Mosquito Heli Locations Map

All those Ultralight versions are hidden from view unless the folks come forward and give a Model, Province/state, Country, zip code.

I was hoping that "The Company" could give that basic non specific info so we could map and see where those hundreds of XEL and abroad heli's reside as well.
I know its a struggle with privacy but names not needed and only the zip code for a location point.  Not like folks would be showing up on your front step or anything with questions on a Sunday morning. ;-)
I figure that the more that are seen to be around and popular, the more confidence folks will have in buying (Good Marketing) their own and forming up local chapters to do fun stuff together with birds of a feather.

Hi,
You will notice everyone can now add there country into there user profiles. So if you are in the builders group you own a mosquito. There is also place to add your model and serial number as well as your location (Perhaps State). So if everyone goes ahead and fills this detail on their profiles it will be a simple matter to present this data on your map.
To set this data simple go to your "User CP" button at the top left of your page once in your control panel on the left hand side menu select "Edit Profile"
-Mosquito sales and services Down Under-
I added another Mosquito in Hamburg, NY

If anyone wants to be added/removed/updated then PM me to get my attention as I don't visit the site regularly.
It only takes a few minutes to make a map change so its no bother at all.

Still patiently waiting for the Money and Time to converge so I can get my own Mosquito.

In the meantime its back to the 986forum.com to pursue my other hobby Wink

[Image: IMG_5457.JPG]
Please add me:
Chip Davis
#MXE076
zip: 27523

[Typo & missing .sig]
Please add mine:
Chip Davis
#MXE1076
zip: 27523

[Don't know why .sig is not displaying - here 'tis]
-Chip-
N8421L Mosquito XE-285
-Chip-
N8421L Mosquito XE-285
Chip, you are Mapped!

Thanks for the info.
Anyone want to be added to the Map, I see there are a few new Mosquito Owners.
Or you could submit one that you know of if you can provide basic location info.
There are hundreds not accounted for and a surprising number abroad.

Info needed: Model, serial#, City, state, country, Postal Code

Mosquito World Map
Bryan Zemek
XE285
MXE 1275
Belmont, MS 38827
USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-20-2015, 11:14 PM)jb92563 Wrote: A ways back I asked where all the Mosquito's are, how many total etc.
I offered to make a Map for this site as I thought it would be very interesting.

No answers so I took it upon myself to make a Map from the Mosquito's registered in the freely available FAA database.

I thought I saw in a poll that 2/3rds are unregistered Ultralights and 1/3 registered.

I found 22 registered and another 7 that were deregistered for some reason, such as registration expired, destroyed, never completed etc.

Here is the Map of the ones that are in the US FAA database identified by zip code:   [/url][url=https://www.batchgeo.com/map/326d9bc77c0f4b85553e70c3bba7cb4b]World Mosquito Location Map

Not sure if the company wants me to add the rest, but its a 10 minute task if they did and would be very cool so see the distribution across the world.
All I need is the zip code and Model.

Please add me to your map.

I have an XEL (not done yet)
S/N: 1197
Zip Code: 54230 (Wisconsin)
OK, Map updated with 3 more, 2 XEL and an XE285