Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CANADIAN LICENCE REQUIRMENTS FOR EITHER MODEL
bonjour John

je suis au Quebec et moi aussi j'aimerais un mosquito ,mais oui le prix de la licence coute aussi chére que la mosquito
c,est sur qu,il faut une formation pas de doute sur cela mais pas à ce prix la
je suis convaincu qu,il faut faire pression sur transport canada

au Quebec il n,y a pas de mosquito je pense qu'il est tres mal représenté difficile d,avoir des information quand on ne parle pas anglais
j,ai déja parlé avec Regis pour avoir des informations

est ce que helisport.ca est vraiment un revendeur du Mosquito

désolé je ne parle pas anglais ,mais francais ou allemand

au plaisir de te lire

Bonjour Michel,
J'ai un mosquito que je vol depuis deux ans, je suis bilingue et je peut t'aider si tu veut.
Je demeure pres de Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Michel
Hi Michel
I sent you a PM regarding the mosquito.

Joey
Hello John I am an aspiring Helicopter pilot. and I have 2 things I would like to ask.

first thing I would like to ask is has their been any progress on the requirements for flying the Mosquito in Canada.

second thing I notice some post on this form if they can still buy a mossy with out training or a licence and I think you had confirmed this. so now this is going to sound like a vary stupid question. but lets say I bought a Mossy I don't have the licence or the hands on experience to fly and I decide to let say for example fly out at my family's farm if I were to do this unlicensed could I expect to have the feds/gov show up knocking at my door and if I did end up proceeding with the is plan could I do so with out catching any unwanted attention

im kind of going with the what they don't know wont hurt them theme here but

if you could elaborate on this idea that will most likely lead to me being in a hospital bed or not in a hospital bed enjoying every minute of this machine thanks for your time and I love this chopper my uncle owns his own business with helicopters so I get my enthusiasm from him..
Unfortunately no progress with licensing here in Canada. I know for sure we will never get to the no license, no training requirement of the US ultralight category but don't really want that anyway. Hopefully we may be able to get the still open recreational pilot category completed with the requirement that pilots have to be trained to the point of being a student pilot (have flown their first solo). The limitation would be that they can fly on their own after that with no passengers, VFR etc. I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion when we get to that point some day.
Email me at mosquito@innovatortech.ca and we can discuss further.
another hurdle that needs to be taken care of is the 51% major portion inspection. it is just another cost and a bunch of time that is unecessary. mine was $1000 but can be much more depending on where you live because you have to pay all the expenses for the inspector to travel to your location. the mosquito can be added to the list of appoved kits like the helicycle and almost every other kit. John, I know I have touched on this briefly with you already and you mentioned it will require some paperwork etc.....

John, if you want to provide me with the info I need I will do the leg work and paperwork if you like?
In the late 70s early 80s fixed wing UL hit the scene in Canada and now it's light helis. Transport Canada Aviation were receptive and accommodating then and will be now but it depends upon participation. There is always a gray area of time before regs change but it all hinges on numbers. If you own a Mosquito you just increased the number by one and that's how we did it with fixed wing ULs. I see a very big advantage now compared to the early UL years because of the type of aircraft that Mr Uptigrove has given us. A person can build up a lot of valuable time training where there is no conflict with other traffic ( low ) and even turn it into a fun sport as the Trenton fly-in has proven. I have access to 45 acres and with a friend of mine intend to practice Helicopter Gymkhana. We are going to video every stage of our progress starting right from the hover. If we find our method works everyone else will know including Transport Canada. The system we have right now will change. Have faith - we are a great aviation minded country.
(05-06-2012, 09:06 PM)allo je suis rené . j,,habite au quebec est ce que tu peut me dire quel; sorte de licence on doit avoir pour piloter un mosquito . merci Wrote: Bonjour Michel,
        J'ai un mosquito que je vol depuis deux ans, je suis bilingue et je peut t'aider si tu veut.

Michel

allo je suis rené . j,,habite au quebec est ce que tu peut me dire quel; sorte de licence on doit avoir pour piloter un mosquito . merci
(01-01-2018, 07:17 AM)vous aurez besoin d\un permis d'hélicoptère pour piloter un Mosquito au Canada. You will need a minimum of a MOT Private Pilot License (Helicopter).  Tim Wrote:
(05-06-2012, 09:06 PM)allo je suis rené . j,,habite au quebec est ce que tu peut me dire quel; sorte de licence on doit avoir pour piloter un mosquito . merci Wrote: Bonjour Michel,

Michel

allo je suis rené . j,,habite au quebec est ce que tu peut me dire quel; sorte de licence on doit avoir pour piloter un mosquito . merci