Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Interference
RotorTim,

Our discussion was about radio interference. I stated that: "I believe it is an ignition/electromagnetic problem. It is visible when a GoPro is mounted to the outside of the fuselage. You can see the picture oscillate with changes in engine RPM and finally stabilizes at operating power."  

I enclosed a link to show you what I was speaking of, nit the blades but the ignition or electromagnetic interference that is causing radio problems also effects the video image. Watch the link from 50 seconds to about 1min. 10 seconds. Pay attention to the body of the craft. You will notice an oscillation of the image at certain RPM. I feel if the image is being distorted by this ignition or electromagnetic interference, the radio transmission/reception is possible suffering from this same interference. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

https://youtu.be/aY53MB7E7EI

Maurizio is you radio transmission/reception good?

Michael 
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Michael,

I watched the video and am still of the opinion that is not from the radio or EM interference. I have mounted gopro's to a lot of things from helicopters (and their gun systems) to mono and biplanes to cars and motorcycles. All have had the same effect until some sort of dampening action was taken to mitigate the effect. Also, on a lot of vehicles (air or not), there sometimes is a point where the vibrations even out but then appear later on....there is a sweet spot in there somewhere.

Here is an example of a mount that dampens the effects of rolling shutter. (Not an endorsement for the product)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxnZThsaVnE

I would love to know what is possibly causing the interference and ways to mitigate it. I live in an area where good comms are essential!

I know a helicycle guy is who is an electrical genius! Maybe he will come on here and add some thoughts.