Hovering
Good to be flying again.

[video=youtube][/video]
Lorne Diebel
MXE1106
Merritt Island, FL
Lorne,

Glad to see you back in the air. I have always enjoyed your videos 
and will be looking forward to seeing more of them!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Lorne, great job of hovering, great video, looking forward to seeing more in the future.

(10-20-2015, 05:27 AM)FlyGuy Wrote: Lorne,

Glad to see you back in the air. I have always enjoyed your videos 
and will be looking forward to seeing more of them!

Michael

Mike, have you done anything else besides hovering? Do you have any flying videos you can share?
Jim,  

Yes I have. Built up my confidence pushing through ETL and back to a hover. Once I had the wind in a favorable direction
I pushed through ETL and claimed out @ 45mph and did a circuit on my property @ about 140 agl. I then landed, throttled back to and idle, took a deep breath,  and did it three more times. Last week I had some erratic readings of my dual tach. I solved the problem when I found a loose ground.

Today I put a few gallons of fuel in the tank and farted around doing square sideways flight, nose-in sideways flight around a point, and quick pirouettes around a point. Starting to get pretty good with those maneuvers!

I hesitated to do any circuits because the wind was gusty and not coming from a direction I was comfortable with. I also need to be moving at least 10 mph faster (55 mph) on climb out and climb to 250-300 agl because of the thin air (5,276 msl before starting the engine) in the event I need to auto down. 

I am moving forward but I am taking "baby steps". I have a couple days off and hopefully it will not rain too much so I can get comfortable and push this bird to 55+ mph @ 300 agl. Either way I am having a Blast!

Thanks for asking,

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

(10-20-2015, 11:19 PM)FlyGuy Wrote: Jim,  

Yes I have. Built up my confidence pushing through ETL and back to a hover. Once I had the wind in a favorable direction
I pushed through ETL and claimed out @ 45mph and did a circuit on my property @ about 140 agl. I then landed, throttled back to and idle, took a deep breath,  and did it three more times. Last week I had some erratic readings of my dual tach. I solved the problem when I found a loose ground.

Today I put a few gallons of fuel in the tank and farted around doing square sideways flight, nose-in sideways flight around a point, and quick pirouettes around a point. Starting to get pretty good with those maneuvers!

I hesitated to do any circuits because the wind was gusty and not coming from a direction I was comfortable with. I also need to be moving at least 10 mph faster (55 mph) on climb out and climb to 250-300 agl because of the thin air (5,276 msl before starting the engine) in the event I need to auto down. 

I am moving forward but I am taking "baby steps". I have a couple days off and hopefully it will not rain too much so I can get comfortable and push this bird to 55+ mph @ 300 agl. Either way I am having a Blast!

Thanks for asking,

Michael
I'm glad things are coming along for you. Not having any wind to deal with is always great for practice, around here this summer has been windy (10+) just about everyday. I don't remember any year as windy as this one's been. Hopefully you get a few days before the snow fly's for you to get some flights in. Try and get some videos taken if you get the chance, I'm sure there are a number of us that would like to see them.
Nice looking property Lorne!  Engine sounds good.