Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ground handling wheels

[attachment=2400 Wrote:[attachment=2401]  doug bryant pid='27869' dateline='1453480954']
(01-22-2016, 04:26 PM)FlyGuy Wrote: It would be nice to see a front set of wheels and tow bar that one can pull with a lawn tractor. 
I have seen a design for the Rotorway but have not had time to make one for the Mosi.

Michael

I actually designed a set of XE flying wheels which stow up for flight and down for ground handling.  I have an air so the wheels are different.

These are Doug's wheels he designed. These stay on the copter during flight. They can be pinned in the up or down position. They are light weight so they don't effect the C/G at all. No other wheels needed unless you have floats on.

The handle has the red stripes, it just slides on to the mount to flip the wheels up or down, then it's removed and stays inside the cab. You can then fly and land anywhere because you have wheels that can be flipped down.    

This is the wheel pinned in the down position

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Does anyone have any pics of the front wheels and tow bar set up?

chuck
Nice Job Doug ! i like those . you're always doing something cool!! Hey Jim , i still like that green white and black Ship of yours . Glad you decided to get back into Mosquitos .
(01-25-2016, 12:31 AM)jaredsiskinc Wrote: Nice Job Doug ! i like those . you're always doing something cool!! Hey Jim , i still like that green white and black Ship of yours . Glad you decided to get back into Mosquitos .

i made and tooled them, but they didn't sell.
I made this and got the parts from lowes. It's simple and does what I need

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I want something for my air. It's seems hard to put the wheels on with one person and lifting up the tail boom don't sound good for the heli.I've tried a 2X4 under the main frame and levering it up but I'm afraid that could bend the cross member. I can not hover out of my shop and I'm about 100 yds from the nearest flat spot in my yard. I need something that I can hook to my 4wheeler and pull it. I thought about adding a 3rd wheel just for pushing it but the back wheels are still a problem for me. Maybe I don't know the right technique for putting the rear wheels on. I'll post a pic of what mine looks like. Thanks
[Image: 59107963525d6cddb49065d5ef771f7a.jpg][Image: b1c5a325b186c86dd098f7cd2eef7ef0.jpg][Image: b003ca337c7164d21ee5a529d35535c3.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk