Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosquito Air
(04-09-2016, 03:24 PM)Frederic Moreau Wrote: Hello,

Just saw your air is for sale on barnstormers... why is that as you were very happy with it... ?

Because I have placed an order for an XE 285 !! I am totally sold on the Mosquito!  Big Grin
I anderstand... the Mosquito is like a drug... as soon as you get on it, it's difficult to quit and you want even more  Wink
XE285, excellent choice!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

I love your videos! What's the height of the Air with the skid modification? Is it shorter? I've seen plenty of people that keep their Mosquitos in the garage, but I built a new house 2 years ago and according to the specs I am 2.5 inches too short.

Also, if I bought a factory Air is the skid modification an option? Seems like it would be better for a true auto situation with a run-on landing.
Josh
I had the same problem but I was able to make a few mods to the wheels just using a steel rod and making a cut out for the door to get my XE in the garage. I can send a few pic and tell you how I made it work. It was simple  let me know if you want the info

Chuck
clumberger@aol.com
Very nice videos. Really enjoyed watching these. The 'On-Board' videos are very valuable information.
I also like the Skid modification and was wondering if you fabricated those yourself or are they an purchasing option? (very nice, they look good too!.)

Thanks again for posting your videos. LQQking forward to seeing your 285.

Alan
Some of the 3D aircraft paints I've created:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums