Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about Blades and fuel
Hey Guys!

Just bought a new to me Mosquito Air.  I am ready to get this thing together but I have a couple of questions.

Can you use anything less than 93 octane?  I have access to 91 but not 93.
Can you use the blended fuels?  The stuff with 10% or less ethanol.  I can get pure gas but it doesn't seem to come in the higher octanes.
The last question:  Is there a trick to get these blades back on.  Very snug fit but couldn't get them quite there.  My wife finally got tired.

I know this is probably all in the documentation.  I am reading and trying to learn...Thanks for the help
You need to speak to Mike Messex (Marcher07). He can give you the real skinny. I use 91 octane because that is all they have here. They want you to use the highest octane possible. I am starting to go to the airport and buying 100LL. I was told the main issue with the fuel is ethanol. 

As far as the blades are concerned, you need to loosen the teter nut so that the blade holders fit between the hub plates. Make sure the blades go back on the original side that they were removed from (hopefully they marked the head and the blades before they disassembled them). 

XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Thanks for the info FlyGuy
I sent you an email with phone number

Thus the internal profile of the inlet has to accommodate both accelerating and diffusing flow without undue losses. For supersonic aircraft, the inlet has features such as cones and ramps to produce the most efficient series of shockwaves which form when supersonic flow slows down. 

Informatica Training | Tableau Training | Hadoop Training