Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local Flight
Went out for awhile yesterday, had a blast.
MAH00229
Yes, I know my VSI is not working, and that I turn my head too much.  Constructive criticism accepted.
Dave
(08-29-2016, 12:54 AM)Dave R. Wrote: Went out for awhile yesterday, had a blast.
MAH00229
Yes, I know my VSI is not working, and that I turn my head too much.  Constructive criticism accepted.
Dave

Thanks for the video Dave, it was fun to watch. If we can combine your Texas terrain with my Florida swamp land we should have some good pasture for our horses

Richard
Dave,

Glad you got the camera. Maybe you could try a chest mount, it would allow for a steady picture while still  allowing you to move your head. Keep those videos coming!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Tried the chest mount, but the Sony mounts on a arm that increases perceived movement, doesn't mount flush. Will keep working on it. Flew another half hour Sunday, really nice to have so much power. Yeah, could sure some grassland around here, feed bill running about $600 a month.
Dave
sounds like you got the engine running well. good video
Dave,

How are your temps and what % is your fuel now?

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Had to go back to richer fuel, 22 across the RPM spectrum. EGT's are low at about 900, but pugs look good, ain't changing it again. Had it dropped to 17, but ran into surging, running great now. Don't know what the coolant temp really is, CHT indicates about 180 in flight. At the Pima Air Museum in Tucson today, having a great time. Will be pulling the tail rotor when I get home to check balance and re paint safety stripes.
Dave