Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
governor instructions
Does anybody have instructions or a "handbook" for connecting the governor to the collective? Does the actual throttle cable has to be changed?
would the governor only work with the MZ 202 or can it be adjusted to different types of motor or does motor type not even matter?

Ok. Lots of questions. Maybe there is somebody out there to help me out. Thanks a lot. Peter.
yes you will replace the throttle cable if you are using the old style gov and you will make a few other adjustments.
on the engines it will fit mz 202 and a hirth don't know about any others

chuck
(09-19-2016, 07:51 PM)Chuck308 Wrote: yes you will replace the throttle cable if you are using the old style gov and you will make a few other adjustments.
on the engines it will fit mz 202 and a hirth don't know about any others

chuck

so it should work with the Hirth 3203 and the H 32 E respectively? Does it come with its own cable and cable splitter?
Are you using the old governor or the new one? If you are using the old governor I would definitely suggest going with the new one. It hold rpm very well and uses a clutch system in the throttle grip so that the pilot can always override the governor, similar to the system found in the R22.
(09-19-2016, 09:49 PM)mosquito Wrote: Are you using the old governor or the new one?   If you are using the old governor I would definitely suggest going with the new one.  It hold rpm very well and uses a clutch system in the throttle grip so that the pilot can always override the governor, similar to the system found in the R22.

John,
Where can I find more info & price on the new governor?
If you are going to use the old style gov on a Hirth engine you will need to change some of the wiring.
I think if you are going to buy one get the new model. I have the old style gov and don't use it much, after you fly your
helicopter for a while you will see what I mean
(09-19-2016, 09:49 PM)mosquito Wrote: Are you using the old governor or the new one?   If you are using the old governor I would definitely suggest going with the new one.  It hold rpm very well and uses a clutch system in the throttle grip so that the pilot can always override the governor, similar to the system found in the R22.

John,
Where can I find more info & price on the new governor?
Bonjour à tous,

Ce que je trouve extraordinaire c'est de découvrir par hasard qu'il existe un nouveau Governor!!!!!
Encore plus fort c'est d'apprendre qu'il est nettement plus fiable que l'ancien!!!!!!
Pourquoi n'y a-t-il pas une information générale des propriétaires étrangers?
Serions nous devenu des "PARIA" ?
Ce n'est pas ce type de fonctionnement d'un réseau qui va renforcer l'image de l'ULM classe 6 en France et c'est bien dommage.

Hello everyone,

What I find extraordinary is discovered by chance that there is a new Governor !!!!!
Even better is to learn that it is significantly more reliable than the old !!!!!!
Why are there no general information of foreign owners?
Would be became of us "PARIA"?
This is not that type of functioning of a network which will strengthen the image of the ULM class 6 in France and that is unfortunate.
Jean-Rémy (XE 1077 - Sud Bretagne - France)
Bon jour Jean-Remie,

the new governor is advertised on the website of Mosquito France (Europe). May be you could be so kind and find out the details (instructions, handbook, drawings etc..)- my french is really bad - and publish what you could find.
Thanks for your help.
Have a nice day.
Peter
(09-20-2016, 06:01 AM)JRL Wrote: Bonjour à tous,

Ce que je trouve extraordinaire c'est de découvrir par hasard qu'il existe un nouveau Governor!!!!!
Encore plus fort c'est d'apprendre qu'il est nettement plus fiable que l'ancien!!!!!!
Pourquoi n'y a-t-il pas une information générale des propriétaires étrangers?
Serions nous devenu des "PARIA" ?
Ce n'est pas ce type de fonctionnement d'un réseau qui va renforcer l'image de l'ULM classe 6 en France et c'est bien dommage.

Hello everyone,

What I find extraordinary is discovered by chance that there is a new Governor !!!!!
Even better is to learn that it is significantly more reliable than the old !!!!!!
Why are there no general information of foreign owners?
Would be became of us "PARIA"?
This is not that type of functioning of a network which will strengthen the image of the ULM class 6 in France and that is unfortunate.

JR,

Chez nous c'est avec l'importateur qu'il faut voir cela...  il me l'a proposé pour mon XE. Cela dit, je compte l'utiliser qu'au début le temps de me familiariser et d'avoir un bon feeling avec la machine car je penses que gérer cet élément soi-même est un plus en terme de bonne maîtrise générale.

JR,

Here in Europe, you have to see it with the distributor. He propose it to me for my XE. Having said that, i will only use it at the begining till i get a good feeling of the heli because i think that being able to manage this aspect by myself will be better for a good general handeling of the heli.