Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory Assist Build
Hello Everyone,

Just wanting to see if someone can give me some insight as to how long the factory build process usually takes.  I live about 2 hours from the Trenton factory and I and looking to get the 285.

Thanks in advance for any help

Brad
Brad,

A lot of it depends on how comfortable you are with mechanical and electrical. I don't like electrical so I was really slow during that aspect of the build, then again I was kind of slow during all aspects of the build because I was going to be flying it. It took me 12 weeks on and off flying from the Denver area. Building it is almost as much fun as flying it and the guys at the factory have your back! If you are that close to Trenton you will be fine.

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Best give Dwight or Norbert a call and discuss with them -- if your that close I'm sure considerations can be made on a schedule --
Mike
The factory assist program can take as little as two weeks at the factory itself. Call Dwight at 352-538-1624 to set up the best time to do the build.
Thank you guys for all your help!  Hope to get that baby soon!

-Brad

(10-09-2016, 02:04 AM)FlyGuy Wrote: Brad,

A lot of it depends on how comfortable you are with mechanical and electrical. I don't like electrical so I was really slow during that aspect of the build, then again I was kind of slow during all aspects of the build because I was going to be flying it. It took me 12 weeks on and off flying from the Denver area. Building it is almost as much fun as flying it and the guys at the factory have your back! If you are that close to Trenton you will be fine.

Michael

Thanks Michael for the advice.....hope to have a Myrtle of my own soon.  I just received my PPL(H) in the R22 this past June, will I be fine to fly this baby?

Brad
Brad,

You will fly better that me! I have never flown an R-22, I am of the Schwitzer/Hughs training system. I have heard that if you can fly an R-22 with how sensitive it is, you will have no problem handling a Mosquito. The only other thing I have heard is Robinson pilot have a hard time with the throttle since most owners don't immediately fit their ship with governors.

Like I was told, take your time and you will be fine!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014