Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Factory Fly-In
FYI,

Max Flight Helicopter Services will be supplying heli rides and instruction. I went to their site and they seem to have reasonable rates for R-22 instruction. I plan on getting a couple hours of instruction while at the fly-in. I may contact them and let them know my intentions so will know there are takers for R-22 instruction at the fly-in. Here is their site:
http://maxflightheli.com  

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

(02-10-2017, 11:04 PM)jb92563 Wrote: Thanks for the reply.   I didn't know about the FB group so I'll join that as well.

Thinking hard about making the 2017 flyin.

Nature has conspired against my intentions and left me with a cast on my foot for the next 3-4 months. Dang!!!!

I was hoping to make the trip, do the factory tour and get some heli seat time as well.  I guess I'll start planning for 2018 instead. 

What is Oshkosh EAA like? Is there a good Mosquito heli and/or owners presence there?
Ray
There is a presence but the factory fly-in is the MOSQUITO MECCA!
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)

OK Gang,

Just curious, how many of you are planning on bringing your birds to the fly-in? I know Gary has his heli there now. Chip and Dave are you bringing your birds? John S., Paul G., and Lorne usually brings theirs. I would love to bring mine but it won't be possible this year. What about you Mr. Messex? I can't stop thinking about all the like minded people and good friends that are about to meet in Trenton, and not to mention all the good food and ice cream! 

Make sure you bring your cameras so you can post pictures and videos for the forum members that are unable to attend. I just purchased another GoPro and a few accessories that will allow me to mount multiple cameras on a heli and also record audio communications from the radio. I definitely plan on doing my part to make sure this fly-in is documented!

My plan is to arrive at the factory a couple days early and help Dwight, Robin and the crew take care of all the last minute details. Once the fly-in is officially under way I need to get some flight instruction and dial in my autorotations. I just can't wait for April 1st!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)

Thats right, dont forget photos, lots and lots of photos for those enthusiasts that cant make it there
Gary
(03-10-2017, 05:35 AM)grevis Wrote: Thats right, dont forget photos, lots and lots of photos for those enthusiasts that cant make it there
Gary

I second that about taking photo's and video.
Us wannabes who are diligently saving the dollars really appreciate pictures, video and discussions of things that went on during events they missed. It renews and refreshes our excitement and desires to get onboard.

Perhaps recording some hanger talk sessions about developments, milestones etc for us, or even a factory tour. 

If you havent noticed there may not be that many posts in the forum, but there are hundreds of hits from folks reading and browsing through all the pictures, video etc and sucking up as much knowledge as they can about the Mosquito.

I am a little bummed that the older videos in many posts seem to drop off youtube after a year or so.  Perhaps thats based on hits and when they go below a certain point without hits.

Just a tip that if there is a video you must see, then archive.org/web is handy for tracking down stuff archived from previous years on the internet.
Ray
Guys,

I remember when I was dreaming of owning a Mosquito. I could not wait for someone to post a new picture or video. That is the reason I try to take pictures and video, but I still need time to fly! My first time, the 2009 fly-in, That is all I did take detailed pictures and put together a video. At the 2012 event I still took pictures and video but got more caught up with flight training. That is why if everyone takes a few pics and posts the we get a wide variety of what goes on at the fly-in.

I believe the videos that do not show up lost their link when the forum switched to new software. They are still on "YouTube" but you need to search for them. There are a ton of vids! I usually search Mosquito Helicopter, mosquito 285, mosquito XE, or Trenton fun fly or Trenton fly-in. 

I made both of the fly-ins while living on Maui. I have mentioned it over and over again, you have to go to a fly-in! That is when the Mosquito will really "bite" you! Many of the answers to questions are in the threads. Some members do not answer questions because the same question has been asked many, many times or the answer is readily available with a simple search. 

As for me, the time after the fly-in is the time to get a lot of information out about the event and keep folks that have the same dream as the rest of us interested. It is hard to post vary much info during the event because of limited internet access. The WiFi line plugs up fast when people try to stream video. That's why most info comes after the fly-in is over.

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)

Hello fellow skeeter lovers.

I am planning to take as many pics as I can.  Also I plan to keep my GoPro running as much as possible.  Downloading the data from each day to my lap top at night and starting fresh the next day.  Will be carrying lots of batteries so I don't have to worry about running out.  All of that between the Q&A that will take place.

Let's have a blast and stay safe!

Robert
"Pilots - Looking down on people since 1903"
(author unknown)
Robert,

That is what it is all about! I look forward to meeting you and enjoying all that the fly-in brings with you and all the other "rotor-heads". 

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)

This will be my first factory fly-in and hopefully one of many.  I was a little curious about what most people do for lunch?  Brown bag, local restaurant, everyone chip in for a cookout, don't eat?

Thanks, Robert
"Pilots - Looking down on people since 1903"
(author unknown)