Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New mosquito air owner
(03-17-2017, 03:17 PM)swashplate Wrote: Hi there!

I watched your Youtube video of the Air.  The trailer you have behind your truck would work fine if it's wide enough.  I purchased a trailer from Kaufman Trailers in North Carolina, USA.  I'm not sure where you are located though.  Kaufman makes a great trailer.  Mine is 16 feet long, tandem axle, dove tail, full drop-gate.  I bought it with transporting my skeeter in mind.

Robert

[Image: a921a61e87ca2b36af08303234088079.jpg][Image: ddb6d6f3b07b7c318a15d3607e85c17e.jpg]
Here's one I just finished building or rebuilding. How do you guys load your airs? I guess most of you land on the trailers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will be loading an XEL. I plan to use an electric winch fastened to the top rail on the front of the trailer. I have yet to work out all of the particulars.
From the Mid-Atlantic East Coast.....
There's no sensation to compare to this,
suspended animation, a state of bliss.
(Learning to Fly - Pink Floyd)
I would like to see what you come up with. I'm hoping with the angle of the ramps I'm building I won't need a winch. But I just bought one to use. I'd really like to load and unload under 10 mins. Reason is I will not be pulling with this trailer over a couple hundred yards. But it ruff terrain

(03-20-2017, 02:31 PM)77jbob Wrote: I would like to see what you come up with. I'm hoping with the angle of the ramps I'm building I won't need a winch. But I just bought one to use. I'd really like to load and unload under 10 mins. Reason is I will not be pulling with this trailer over a couple hundred yards. But it ruff terrain

Yea, I want to see it too.  Again, the particulars aren't in just yet.  I'm thinking I will probably need a snatch block SOMEWHERE.  Giving it more thought, the winch may go on the bed of the trailer.  Then, initially, use a snatch block connected to the top rail (instead of the winch) and pull the skeeter up the ramp.  Once it is on the trailer I'm thinking I can either pull it the rest of the way by hand or drop the snatch block and continue with the winch.

A lot of my idea hinges on the wheels and tires that I can (or cannot) use with the floats.  Larger wheels/tires - easier to roll.

Who knows - maybe one day I will be proficient enough to land and/or takeoff from the trailer.

Rolling it off the trailer - hmmm - gravity works?!?!.
From the Mid-Atlantic East Coast.....
There's no sensation to compare to this,
suspended animation, a state of bliss.
(Learning to Fly - Pink Floyd)
I'm thinking we will be able to take off and land on trailer right after we figure the trailer out. lol