Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The First Micro RC Mosquito Helicopter
Hello Everyone,

As a Mosquito owner and a fan of RC helicopter as well, i am happy to present to you probably the first Micro RC Mosquito Helicopter. This is not a market scale helicopter, it is a home vacuumed built canopy put on the very popular Blade MCPX BL main frame helicopter.

It flies very well from normal fly to 3D hardcore and it's auto like the real one... and the look of it with the Mosquito Canopy style makes it even better... ;-)

Enjoy the pictures... 

Fred
From Belgium

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow, that is neat Fred.  I was in process of putting together one for a 450 sized heli.  I have the fiberglass sorta molded like the canopy but I still have the foam core inside.  Waiting for a time that I can finish - not a top priority right this minute.

Great work!
From the Mid-Atlantic East Coast.....
There's no sensation to compare to this,
suspended animation, a state of bliss.
(Learning to Fly - Pink Floyd)
(03-19-2017, 06:36 PM)swashplate Wrote: Wow, that is neat Fred.  I was in process of putting together one for a 450 sized heli.  I have the fiberglass sorta molded like the canopy but I still have the foam core inside.  Waiting for a time that I can finish - not a top priority right this minute.

Great work!

Thank's ! Could be very nice on 450 size...
This is what I have so far.  Not a lot to look at and it needs a little bit more fiberglass then finishing.  I will probably paint it to look like what I want mine to look like - see icon.

[Image: 8db5ccda-920d-4475-8c57-5484ee391f70_zpsavcevbat.jpg]
From the Mid-Atlantic East Coast.....
There's no sensation to compare to this,
suspended animation, a state of bliss.
(Learning to Fly - Pink Floyd)
Looks great... For the 450 size you have to work with fiberglass but for the size i work with, i made a mold and then i use a home built vacuum table to thermoforme the canopy using a 0.8 mm plexiglass sheet which i heated before... If i want it to be more accurate, i should use a 3D printer to create the right landing gear... Will probably do it later :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)