Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toy Haulers
Wow Michael, sounds like you are making some great progress. The heater, stone, fridge? Your skeeter won’t need all that. LOL. Don’t forget to leave space for the little motorized, 2 wheeled “on site transportation” device! Just kidding, can’t wait to see it.
"Pilots - Looking down on people since 1903"
(on a shirt my daughter gave me - author unknown)
Van's Aircraft RV-9 (dragon tail) Flying Phase 1
Robert,

The heater, fridge, etc. will come over time, but the space for the space for the "two wheeled on site transportation device" is a priority so I can take a ride with Ron while I am there. This trailer will take a while to be totally finish but that is OK. At least I am on the path to being able to take it to the fly-in. 

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

After getting home with my trailer I see this down the road from my house. Nice!
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

(03-23-2017, 07:57 PM)jb92563 Wrote: I don't have a toy Hauler nor a Mosquito yet, but can offer some points for discussion:

1) You will need a Hauler that is as tall as the copters mast (84" = 7') plus extra for wheels, dolly or some kind of slide to get it in and out.
     I would think that would require modifications of the Haulers roof to accommodate that unless you can find one with high or ^ shaped roof.

2) Rotor dia is 19'-4" so I expect you will have about 7' of that blade past the front of the copter into your shop/living space section.
    Perhaps not an issue at all unless the cupboard doors come out too far when you open them.
    From a space perspective the Nose in first is the most practical arrangement.
    You'll need a hauler that is at least 22' long as the overall length of the XE is 21"-6"
     Width of the gear is 5'-2" so not likely an issue for most Haulers.

3) The ramp leading into the Hauler will need to be shallow enough that the tilted copters front blade is still low enough to enter the Hauler,
    otherwise you will need to figure out some sort of ramp elevator to get the copter more near horizontal.

4) You will want some kind of winch system installed to help get the Mosquito inside. If you ask the neighboring campers to help you get a
    Mosquito into your Trailer they will surely think you've gone mad.

5) A 15$ visor sized solar panel from Harbor freight can keep a 12v battery trickle charged indefinitely without harm. I use them on my
    Boats, Tractor, Plane etc and as a result I have never had a dead battery to deal with. Cheap insurance for an expensive battery and you
    will always be ready to go.
Just a quick question o the solar charger from Harbor Freight.  I have one,  Do you insaltll it through the  cigarette lighter or do you connect it directly to the battery?
I need an enclosed trailer for the Mosquito if anyone may have one for sale.
Please call me @ 325 642 4031

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk