Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Hovering Experience
My 4rd Solo... Begin some paterns and some very small quick stops... felling good with the machine but not so good with main Blades Balance... It is shaking a lot and never have my cyclic in hand not shaking even when just hovering. As i see hundred of mosquito xe and xe 285 videos, they seems to have not the cyclic shaking like that... I think i will need some one with experience to have a look at how my helo has been balanced... Before that i will be not confortable enough to take the sky...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-qNltF...e=youtu.be
Fred,

I don't know who built your ship, you or Didier. Either way, the main blades should have been balanced. It looks like you have no problem controlling it. The problem I had was I had never flown any powered aircraft as light as my 285. Everything was magnified. See if you can get a camera with a chest mount so you can record the stick vibration or talk to Didier and get his opinion.

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

(05-08-2017, 01:50 PM)FlyGuy Wrote: Fred,

I don't know who built your ship, you or Didier. Either way, the main blades should have been balanced. It looks like you have no problem controlling it. The problem I had was I had never flown any powered aircraft as light as my 285. Everything was magnified. See if you can get a camera with a chest mount so you can record the stick vibration or talk to Didier and get his opinion.

Michael

Michael,

Thank's for taking the time to writte me ! I didn't bluit my XE as i am not good enough in that matter. Didier did it but i am not sure the way he did the balancing and the tracking of the blades... For sure he did test my heli but even with my very little experience as a Mosquito pilot i am sure it could be a lot better. As Didier is very busy and he is in south of France and i am from Belgium, i will ask some help to check that to my firends from Dynali Helicopter Company, Their factory is not more than 5 miles from my place...

I also plan to buy a GoPro with a chest mount for you guys to have a look at the cyclic vibrations from inside to let me know what you think about it.

Fred
(05-08-2017, 01:50 PM)FlyGuy Wrote: Fred,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Could the shaking i feel on the cyclic be from the foam tubes attached to the pitch and roll tubes ? Because they are moving and they don't stay in place... they seems to be not fixed the way Modification #21 explain it... And i think those vibrations were not hard the way they are now on my first solo...

Fred
Fred,

It is worth a try to check out the foam. If it is not the same as it was on your first hover, it could be the cause. I don't know how much your machine is shaking or if it is just your cyclic.
I usually go from the simplest fix to the more difficult ones. That way I am going through the whole system. Just remember to take baby steps!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

(05-09-2017, 06:59 PM)FlyGuy Wrote: Fred,

It is worth a try to check out the foam. If it is not the same as it was on your first hover, it could be the cause. I don't know how much your machine is shaking or if it is just your cyclic.
I usually go from the simplest fix to the more difficult ones. That way I am going through the whole system. Just remember to take baby steps!

Michael

Michael,

It is mainly the cyclic... i did fix the foam as explained on modification #21... now i am waiting for my Revolution Oil to arrive from Norway as we don't have any European dealer right here and i am with an empty tank and dry in oil for the moment...

As you well say, baby steps and looking from simple fix to more difficult ones...
Will be happy to see some new videos from you !

Fred
My cyclic shakes like a wet dog, rotor is balanced, tracking perfect, and lead lag good. Can't fix it to save my life.
Dave
(05-09-2017, 08:52 PM)Dave R. Wrote: My cyclic shakes like a wet dog, rotor is balanced, tracking perfect, and lead lag good. Can't fix it to save my life.
Dave

Dave,

If others can fly without a wet dog cyclic movements it should be something to do about it... May be it is somewhere else than just blade balance and tracking... there are so many parts involved in this...
Fred
Yeah, too many parts ?
I'm retiring this month. Going to Trenton this summer to have the factory majicians to look at it. I really need to check out this year's bikini styles too, Florida is a good place to do that.
Dave
XE 285 driver.
:-)