Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Hovering Experience
(05-08-2017, 01:50 PM)FlyGuy Wrote: Fred,

I don't know who built your ship, you or Didier. Either way, the main blades should have been balanced. It looks like you have no problem controlling it. The problem I had was I had never flown any powered aircraft as light as my 285. Everything was magnified. See if you can get a camera with a chest mount so you can record the stick vibration or talk to Didier and get his opinion.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I dont' yet have the gopro yet... But anyway, there is some work to do to correct this... hang test, blade balance, tracking... etc
Fred
Mine's not that bad, looks like lead-lag problem? I think I would check that first.
Dave
(05-11-2017, 12:06 AM)Dave R. Wrote: Mine's not that bad, looks like lead-lag problem?  I think I would check that first.
Dave

Thank's for the info Dave ! Will check it ! I am in contact with John Uptigrove and i have to say.. waouw he is very helpfull and always answering all my questions within a few hours ! Thank you again John !
They're all very good at getting right back with you on any questions. Best customer service in aviation.
Dave
Fred,

Mine does the same thing but the question is, how much does it move and shake in your hand at operating RPM. I find that it lessens as RPMs increase. When at operating RPM there is no jumping or pressure in my hand. I checked "lead/lag" yesterday and will be adjusting it after work today with a little help from a friend (we will talk about that later). ALL helis have some vibration, all we can do is minimize it!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

(05-11-2017, 05:41 PM)FlyGuy Wrote: Fred,

Mine does the same thing but the question is, how much does it move and shake in your hand at operating RPM. I find that it lessens as RPMs increase. When at operating RPM there is no jumping or pressure in my hand. I checked "lead/lag" yesterday and will be adjusting it after work today with a little help from a friend (we will talk about that later). ALL helis have some vibration, all we can do is minimize it!

Michael
Michael,

Yes it lessens a bit at operating RPM but for me there is so much pressure in my hand that the joystic turn 1/4 a turn to the left after 10 minutes of hovering... and if i let go a little the cyclic, i feel the cyclic and the heli wanting to go straight to the left...  You are with Dave and John Uptigrove the 3rd person to propose to check "lead/lag"... Will do it with the help of friends as i am a newbie with all of this :-(

Thank's for your advice and time !
Fred
Some more fun and exercices...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qSnYDvzm1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-jckw1JF0k

Seems a bit tail heavy...