Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tall pilots
Hi, I am "brand" new on this forum and my English is only so and so..
EU Belgian PPL , last years mostly R44 and JR 206.
Looking at the Mosquito XET turbine now, looks an quit impressive little helicopter.
First question I have is, how is a 6.4 ft tall guy like me fit in this machine?
R44 for me is better then the Jetranger for longer flights.
Any tall guys flying the XET here??
Thanks in advance for some info.
Bernard
Hello..

A new Belgian Mosquito pilot in the futur... Let's talk (on peut parler)... i am new mosquito Belgian pilot for a few months...
Hi all, 

I am also interested in the answer of this question, I am not that tall only 6.2, but already have experienced some inconvenience in other UL or small aircraft. I don't have real helicopter time yet (2hours only...) but sitting comfortably seem to be important since the pilot's position is pretty static during the flight and there doesn't seem to be much room in a Mosquito to move around. 

Thanks
Chris
(07-07-2017, 01:09 PM)pilotarix Wrote: Hi all, 

I am also interested in the answer of this question, I am not that tall only 6.2, but already have experienced some inconvenience in other UL or small aircraft. I don't have real helicopter time yet (2hours only...) but sitting comfortably seem to be important since the pilot's position is pretty static during the flight and there doesn't seem to be much room in a Mosquito to move around. 

Thanks
Chris

At 6.4 might be tight - 6.2 shouldn't be an issue that said depends on if the height is from the waist up or from the legs down -- I'm 6.1 with no issues
Mike