Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hybrid Electric Engines Technology
Hi,

Here is a youtube video about hybrid-electric motors getting used for drones...
Could be interesting to keeps an eye on it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jULz0afl_Ow

And here one (the 45kW) of their motor which could may be fit for the mosquito... i let this answer be done by John and Dwight...

http://www.launchpnt.com/products

Fred
But what is to be gained by a hybrid drive? Its just more weight. Hybrid drives are good for things that have large changes in power requirement such as vehicles in city traffic. Our power requirement is much more consistent equivalent to driving on a highway where hybrids can be more of a detriment than an advantage.
(09-12-2017, 01:48 PM)mosquito Wrote: But what is to be gained by a hybrid drive?  Its just more weight.   Hybrid drives are good for things that have large changes in power requirement such as vehicles in city traffic.  Our power requirement is much more consistent equivalent to driving on a highway where hybrids can be more of a detriment than an advantage.

Hi John,

I was just showing that possibility but for sure you know much more about than me... I hope to see soon the battery autonomy to increase much more than what they offer now and then when they can offer a minimum of 1 hour flight range i will be very interested to go on full electric... It could happen sooner than we think.

Cheers
Fred
Photo 
    I'm installing an hybrid system on my Mosquito Air to have more power to take off, emergency if MZ202 shut down and also to start the rotor before take off and not use the clutch fore more reliability.

Total weight 7.5kg, 25kw brushless motor + 90v batteries (4x Lipo 6s 6000mAh 50C) + BMS with 10mn use.
(06-16-2019, 06:11 AM)JMB18 Wrote: I'm installing an hybrid system on my Mosquito Air to have more power to take off, emergency if MZ202 shut down and also to start the rotor before take off and not use the clutch fore more reliability.

Total weight 7.5kg, 25kw brushless motor + 90v batteries (4x Lipo 6s 6000mAh 50C) + BMS with 10mn use.

Looks nicely done... How do you switch from the MZ to the electric power ?
Smile 
En français ce sera plus simple.. Smile

En fait il n'y a pas de switch, car le brushless entraine la poulie menée par un roulement one way roue libre inséré dans la poulie et il sera activé à la demande. Les batteries seront rechargées en continu par un BMS alimenté par l'alternateur du MZ.

J'ai ajouté une commande de throttle à effet hall pour le brushless sur le collectif un peu comme celle que l'on trouve sur les quads électriques que l'on manipule avec le pouce.
Je ne pense pas que cette hybridation soit possible sur le XE à cause du carénage..

C'est une idée simple que j'ai eue un matin et qui n'est pas finalisée car il faut encore concevoir la fixation haute du brushless et maitriser les vibrations, à tester dans la pratique..

Vous jugerez vous-même de mon niveau d'utopie délirante.. Wink
(06-16-2019, 10:49 AM)JMB18 Wrote: En français ce sera plus simple.. Smile

En fait il n'y a pas de switch, car le brushless entraine la poulie menée par un roulement one way roue libre inséré dans la poulie et il sera activé à la demande. Les batteries seront rechargées en continu par un BMS alimenté par l'alternateur du MZ.

J'ai ajouté une commande de throttle à effet hall pour le brushless sur le collectif un peu comme celle que l'on trouve sur les quads électriques que l'on manipule avec le pouce.
Je ne pense pas que cette hybridation soit possible sur le XE à cause du carénage..

C'est une idée simple que j'ai eue un matin et qui n'est pas finalisée car il faut encore concevoir la fixation haute du brushless et maitriser les vibrations, à tester dans la pratique..

Vous jugerez vous-même de mon niveau d'utopie délirante.. Wink

Pas utopique du tout je trouve... ça devrait le faire d'après ce que vous me dites... Bravo ! Une petit vidéo à l'occasion ce serait sympa... Wink
(06-16-2019, 10:23 AM)Frederic Moreau Wrote:
(06-16-2019, 06:11 AM)JMB18 Wrote: I'm installing an hybrid system on my Mosquito Air to have more power to take off, emergency if MZ202 shut down and also to start the rotor before take off and not use the clutch fore more reliability.

Hi, have you heard of the K.I.S.S principal, {keep it simple stupid}, why install something that has not been proven, especially on a helicopter. The Mosquito has been proven to fly very well how it was made, now you're just upped the anti on a failure. Happy Flying and Good Luck.  Regards   Darrell.
(06-16-2019, 11:03 PM)Darrell J Jones Wrote:

Hi, have you heard of the K.I.S.S principal, {keep it simple stupid}, why install something that has not been proven, especially on a helicopter. The Mosquito has been proven to fly very well how it was made, now you're just upped the anti on a failure. Happy Flying and Good Luck.  Regards   Darrell.

Hi, I understand very well your principal because i'm a licenced private helicopter pilot, but the Man become stupid when he stop to search...
My Air is already drived with full electric comands and also fully remote as an UAV drone, manned or unmanned....no picture and no details available...
(06-17-2019, 05:43 AM)JMB18 Wrote:
(06-16-2019, 11:03 PM)Darrell J Jones Wrote:

Hi, I understand very well your principal because i'm a licenced private helicopter pilot, but the Man become stupid when he stop to search...
My Air is already drived with full electric comands and also fully remote as an UAV drone, manned or unmanned....no picture and no details available...

Gotcha, except only a portion of the full info of what you're done to the Air was posted. There is also a saying " Why try and reinvent the wheel ". Good Luck.  Darrell.