Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ag Spray system for Mosquito
Good Day,

I'm a flying farmer in Saskatchewan and I'm in the process of purchasing a XE (thanks Darren and John) to "crop/fence check and chase livestock''.

I have spoken briefly with John U about the using the Mosquito to do spot spraying (5-10 gal for small weed/insect infestations, farm yards etc..).  Has anyone looked into buying/building/designing a spray system for the Mosquito?   While not adverse to spending some money on a gps flow control system, I'm not prepared to spend the kind of cash I did on the AG Nav for my S2-D. Perhaps based on high clearance guidance package and individual piston tips?  Worst case, go old school with gallon tips and working pressures.

I got some time this winter to do some leg work and would like to get a sense how much interest there would be from the Mosquito community in this.

Thoughts?

Tim Rupcich
Kenaston, Sk
Just out of curiosity, how is the system pressurized?  Electric pump?

I am also tempted to ask if it will be a manned XE or autonomous, but there's no fun in it if you can't fly it yourself from the cockpit.

I don't think autonomous flight software is capable of rounding up livestock yet.
Ray
(09-25-2017, 03:10 PM)jb92563 Wrote: Just out of curiosity, how is the system pressurized?  Electric pump?

I am also tempted to ask if it will be a manned XE or autonomous, but there's no fun in it if you can't fly it yourself from the cockpit.

I don't think autonomous flight software is capable of rounding up livestock yet.

Although taking my fat arse out of the picture would significantly increase the amount of chemical and or fuel carried, not sure if either the DOT or FAA are prepared for that eventuality.  I'm guessing electric pump and perhaps something as simple as 8-10 gallon ATV spray system slung between the skids.  Perhaps a simple guidance package, or may be able to track down a suitable flow control system.  Perhaps an added run screen on the MGL EFIS??  May have some time to explore a couple of options this winter.  But first got to learn how to fly the thing.